Thread: Unable to use the dfu mode in iPhone

Unable to use the dfu mode in iPhone

Hi i am having the the iPhone 3G on ios 4.0 GM and i have decided to upgrade the operating system by jailbreaking the phone and installing the windows. But the thing is that when i put my phone on the dfu mode then it shows me nothing. I don't know what it wring with it and also unable to install the windows operating system. Please help me if anyone have tried the same and also succeeded in the same thing.

Re: Unable to use the dfu mode in iPhone

I think that you are not opening the phone properly in the dfu and also I thing that upgrading the operating system is ok but doing it with windows might be giving you some problems. Why don’t you try and use the operating system which is compatible and that too manufactured by apple itself. Then I guess it will not give you any issue and then you will not get any resistance for installing the operating system.

Well according to me dfu mode is the one which is used as the interface with the iTunes but the operating systems is never loaded of the same, the dfu mode is specially used when we try and do the firmware upgrade of the system and also when we are required to do the reinstallation of operating system. As said by you that there is nothing on the screen is blank then it is definite that the phone is the dfu mode but I really don’t know why it is not letting you to install the operating system. But if you will visit the apple support and place you problem in front of them then I guess they will definitely help you out.

Thanks a lot for the consideration of my problem and also for the prominent solution but the thing is that I am still unable to install the windows operating system on the phone and also guess that I can’t beg for a help from apple because I have already jailbreaked my phone and I don’t think that they will help me out. Now I guess the only problem with me here is that the proper steps it may have happened that I have committed some mistakes while using the dfu mode so please guide me proper method of using this mode.

So if you want to enter in to the dfu mode and then upgrade the operating system then here are the steps that will help[ you to do the same:
    • First of all connect the iphone to the computer and then you have to start iTunes
    • After that you have to turn the phone off
    • And then again hold the power button and the home button together only for 10 sec and then release the power button
    • But continue holding the home button until the messages pops up saying that iTunes has been detected and the phone in the dfu mode.
    • Once the DFU mode is the detected the screen completely turns black and you can now install the operating system that you want.
    • I hope that these steps will help you to enter the dfu mode and also install the operating system that you want.