Thread: How to export List of installed packages from cydia

How to export List of installed packages from cydia

Hi all, I am using the Kubuntu Hoary system that is having many packages that are installed in it. Now I am planning to buy a new computer so I want to know that is there is any way to export the list of all installed packages. If it is possible then post it over here so that it can save some of my work. Thank you very much for reading and replying to this thread in advance.

Re: How to export List of installed packages from cydia

I would like to tell you that there is a file at /var/lib/dpkg/status which contains all the information of the file which is installed in your system. So just browse to that file and open it. You will get all that you want. If you want just the shorter description of it then you can go ;to the terminal and type dpkg –l and this will open the list with the shorter description of it. I hope that you will get what you need.

To do this, you just need to resync the phone and as well as install the PkgBackup once again. After that you will find that the backup is stored on the contact called PkgBackup. This can be copied again to your phone if you sync the contacts. If you run the PkgBackup then it will bring in the record of installed packages for installing each and every or to decide which one you want to install. I know that this will work because I have the personal experience of it. You can also give it a try.

You can do the following and this will solve the problem for you. First of all, open the terminal and there use the code:
    Code:
    dpkg --get-selections > my-pkg-list
    ls
    As you enter this code and press Enter then it will show you a file that will have the list all the installed packages. This file will be named as 'my-pkg-list'.
    Code:
    gedit my-pkg-list
    The difficulty through this is that within breezy, a set of the packages will have dissimilar versions as well as dissimilar names, so this is not a hold for all the solution.

You will be able to get the list of all the packages that are installed in your system. You just have to use the command:
    dpkg --get-selections
    If you want to export the files then you can proceed as follows:
    dpkg - get-selections> my_packages
    Install then again to the other machine and to do that, you need to use the following command:
    To recover the previous list:
    dpkg --set-selections < my_packages
    To install the list:
    apt-get dselect-upgrade