Thread: How to update carrier settings for unlocked iPhone.

How to update carrier settings for unlocked iPhone.

I am having really simple question. I am having APN settings for the unlocked iPhone 3G. But the thing is that if I am comparing the settings with those that are done on my Dads iphone then I found that they are having more network menus than I am having on my iPhone. Not only that I when I am trying to synchronize this thing with iTunes carrier setting update is coming up. I think that that these Carrier settings will allow me more flexibility. But the problem is that I am not having idea how to update the carrier settings for unlocking my iPhone. If you have any suggestion related to this thing then please let me know about that.

Re: How to update carrier settings for unlocked iPhone.

Well before providing you any solution for the problem you are facing or the information you need. You are saying that you are having unlocked iPhone, now I want to know that is that iPhone is factory unlocked or not. Because if your iPhone is factory unlocked then there is no problem, your iPhone will automatically update. But if you have unlocked this thing by yourself then there is a problem. I mean to say that it will not update automatically and you will not get the things that you need. I hope that this information will help you to get around your problem. If you have any other query then let me know about that. I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I am not sure that this will help to solve the problem you are facing. These are the things you require to do. First you have an Internet connection via WiFi or GSM to be connected. Then the Cydia installer start and install all updates. They are in all about 6.2 MB. Now all packages up to date before installing all this software, the automatic keylock . If this thing is happening simply by pressing and holding “Home and start button” then it will be better to restart the iPhone. Now is the Installer and Cydia iPhone ready for the following installations: Category Open Repositories and then Package "iPhone notes Source" and select the upper right-click "Install". At the top right "Confirm" option and start the installation. When it is finished then you just need to "Close Window" button.

I think that I am facing similar kind of problem. Every time I trying to updated the firmware for my iPhone with baseband and T-Mobile carrier followed Itunes, I am getting the message "Update network drivers". My iPhone is unlocked and I am using this with Vodafone card, but the thing is that I have switched to my T-Mobile, after that I am getting this error messages. It is really weird to get this message for update and when I am trying to update this thing I am not able to do so. How to solve this problem, related to update.