Thread: Unable to charge iPhone by wall charger

Unable to charge iPhone by wall charger

I am trying to charge my iPhone through the wall charger but it’s not working. Even the battery indicator doesn’t show the charging icon. I can easily charge my iPod through it using cable of the iPod. So I can say the charger provided is not defective. Even when I try to charge iPhone with connecting the PC using data cable of the iPhone, its working .What is the problem? Whether it has issue with iPhone, charger, battery?

Re: Unable to charge iPhone by wall charger

Many of the iPhone users are facing the same problem. I can tell you to do some simple steps to perform. I guess it will fix your problem. You have to do soft reset. To do soft reset you have to press the iPhone’s sleep/wake key and also the home key and hold the all three keys till 6 seconds. You will see the apple logo on the screen. This will make your iPhone soft reset.It really worked for me try your luck!

I have searched on web for working of USB Power. Lower price chargers are unable to do computing of the value of the current. Shorting is done between line D+ and line D-in those charger. Maximum power drawn by iPhone is 100ma from the USB host. More current is provided to the iPhone if only it is requested and it is allow to get more current. iPhone is working according to USB Standards it is unable to get more current from the client side. I suggest you to charge your iPhone through pc or USB hub. Since iPhone is working according to USB standard and it will ask for the more current up to 500 ma Since it is permitted by the current USB standards.

I was also facing the same problem with my iPhone and the charger. I tried many tricks but everything was in vein. Then I finally this trick solved my problem. I hope it will work for you also. Well this is problem can be solved if you do the following steps. Switch off your iPhone. Put your wall charger into the socket. When your phone restarts put the plug of the charger in to your iPhone.

It may be possible that the USB Port, plug of the charger may not be clean. You have to clean socket of the charger and the USB port by blowing. Even the plug of the iPhone should be cleaned by blowing. If you finished with the cleaning process you can proceed with the charging. If you have still issue with charging you can switch off your iPhone and try the same. Still the problem continues you can replace the battery of the iPhone.