Thread: Dell Vostro V130 - Performance

Dell Vostro V130 - Performance

I am getting Dell Vostro V130 from my uncle. i am not having any idea about this laptop. So thought to post here, since this is the best place where I get the proper information. Now I want to know about the performance and other things about Dell Vostro V130. Also I am interested in knowing its processor and other specifications. Please provide me detailed information about that laptop. I am waiting for your response, and hoping that someone hanging out there will lend a helping hand for me.

Re: Dell Vostro V130 - Performance

The all-aluminum notebook case is made of a removable bottom plate, a top cover and the cover. The top cover (facing the keyboard) is made of painted aluminum sheet, as is the frame of the LCD. The only plastic assembly keeps the interior of the flat housing motherboard, hard drive, battery and fan together. The high housing stiffness can fully convince sub-notebooks around flat (highest point 19.7 mm). One reason is the massive edge behind the cover. Thereto, the joints were hung, which are also made of metal. They keep the thin cover tightly, but tend to shake the whipping. The maximum opening angle is affected by the metal edge almost 140 degrees. A rubber buffer in the joint provides a firm but cushioned stop of the fully opened display. To open the display, we just need a hand and it revealed an interesting detail: the first two centimeters opens the lid almost automatically purpose counter force produced a well graded within the joint. When the fingers grip the edge of the lid then fixed, you need more force is applied.

The weight of 1.67 kilograms, can not challenge rivals such as Apple MacBook Air (1.33 kilograms) or XPS Adamo 1:43 kilograms) by set. But that is not necessary because the stability and robustness of the housing make this deficiency more than compensated. This eliminates about the weight of a sleeve (Second Skin Case), because something needs the Vostro V130 is not easy. Second reason for the stability of the integrated lithium-ion battery with 30 watt hours. Compared with the previous V13 has changed in this regard (suspension, capacity) nothing. In standard notebook, we often report the lack of ports on the back. The same decrease your cable mess on the desk, so the argument goes. The V130 does now, like its predecessor, the entire fleet of terminals on the back. The aluminum front on the right and left, interrupted only by the card reader (MS, MS pro, SD, MMC, SDHD). The ExpressCard had to give a slightly enlarged main board. The cooling system has changed its position and has forced the reduction of the ExpressCard slot likely.

The processor of our pre-production Vostro is not such a well-known i5 520UM (Low Voltage), but a brand new Core i5 470UM (32 nm). With a base clock of 2x1.33 GHz and TDP of 18 watts (UM models), the CPU is a typical low voltage products. The Turbo function processor but in some applications up to 1.86 GHz lift the. But this is for single-core applications only relevant, otherwise get multi-core calculations with Hyper Threading at their expense (four threads). CPU options Vostro V130 :
    • Intel Celeron ULV Processor U3400 (2M Cache, 1.06GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    • Intel Core Processor ULV i3 380UM (3M Cache, 1.33GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    • Intel Core Processor ULV i5 470UM (3M Cache, 1.33GHz, 800 MHz FSB)
    Like all Core i5, the 470UM also a memory controller for DDR3 and an Intel GMA HD integrated graphics chip. The AES New Instructions are not supported, it is not just a pure business-CPUs. The memory is sitting on a shelf and only available by default has a size of 4GB (PC3-10600 SDRAM).

Compared to the previous CPU in V13 V130 should the Vostro to improve significantly. The Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 (1x1.4 GHz) as a weak CULV subnotebook processor) reached only 1468 points (32 bit). But a strong Core 2 Duo SL9600 LV processor of the stamp (6MB Cache, 2.13 GHz), the sub-notebooks were used in high-quality, managed even then 2726 points in Cinebench R10 single test. In computing with all available threads (Hyper Threading: 2 cores + 2 virtual cores), the current Intel Core architecture-i points. The Cinebench R10 multi-test (64bit) reached about 4,800 points (comparisons: 520UM = 4179, i3-330M = 6,600; i5-430M = 7800). A Core 2 Duo T9600 is now with 4815 points on the same level. The reason for this is the Hyper Threading, the 470UM can therefore expect four threads, the T9600 only two. Despite the slim design is space for a 2.5-inch notebook HDD from Western Digital. Our pre-series V130 contains a 500 GB 7200 RPM-making board, which is constant background noise but also by rapid access by a noticeable (See Crystal Disk Mark). For the Vostro will also be an SSD option (2.5-inch, 128 GB).