Thread: How to solve the HP Pavilion dv5 Laptop screen problem

How to solve the HP Pavilion dv5 Laptop screen problem

I bought this HP Pavilion dv5 laptop in one year before and besides one occurrence of overheating have had zero troubles. I use it more often that look forward to but it had help up very fine. I upgraded from Microsoft Windows Vista to Windows 7 previous month and that has simply improved system performance. About a week before I awoke it from Sleep and I observed a pink and green staining on the display screen. When the lid is open precedent concerning 90 degrees the color goes totally wacky. It's a trouble I can exist with for now but I acquainted with that the concern is only going to get poorer. What's my subsequently step? So please give me some suggestions about this post so that I can undergo further investigation.

Re: How to solve the HP Pavilion dv5 Laptop screen problem

I am having the exact same problem. It only gets much poorer. The way I've used it was to turn the processor working down, which can be establish in Power Settings. But that doesn't perform much. The actual concern is the graphic card. If you were to go in to your power settings and change your graphic card to utmost battery life it should discontinue your problem for awhile. It will merely get much inferior if you are playing games and such. My notebook is at the end where I can even obtain the thing to begin windows. The display just turns black. If this carries on I advise getting a new video card.

It appears to me like your video cable is probably loose or irregular because the setback happens when the laptop lid is moved about. Chances are very fine that a straightforward fix is called for, or that you may have to purchase a reasonably priced part to get your laptop well-designed again. You'll have to take apart the laptop part and make sure that the wire is plugged in. If that doesn’t performs, then there are three additional possibilities are:
    - the cable itself is not constant
    - the LCD inverter (power supply) has failed
    - the LCD rear light has failed (light source for LCD panel)

I think that there is some problem with the display of the laptop which gives you this result since you now out of warranty. So I think that you must try to get the help from the HP hp support online. They will inform you about the display changing charges for the laptop. Because if the cable of the screen that joins motherboard is fine then I think that you must go and buy the new display screen for the laptop since there is no alternative for this display screen problem.