Thread: Is there any way to disable a Stolen iPhone

Is there any way to disable a Stolen iPhone

I need help in disabling the iphone which is stolen last night from my pocket actually I am not sure is it stolen or fall down somewhere. But I heard that it has a feature that it can be disable so that it cannot be usable to the person who will find it. SO please anybody can help me in doing this. As it was gifted by my father on my birthday I will miss this phone as it was a nice phone and has some nice features. Please help me.

Re: Is there any way to disable a Stolen iPhone

To make sure your Mobile Phone's IMEI input the following digits on your phone: *#06# and the IMEI 15-digit code will come into view on the display or verify it in Settings then go to the About after this IMEI or it is stamped on the reverse of your iPhone. This IMEI number is single to your iPhone. Write it down and save it anywhere safe. If your iPhone catch stolen, you know how to phone your service supplier and provide them this code. They will then be capable to obstruct your handset so even if the robber modify the SIM Card, your iPhone will be completely ineffective. You almost certainly won't find your iPhone reverse, but at slightest you be familiar with that whoever stole it can't utilize or trade it either. If everyone did this, there would be no position in people theft mobile phones.

Sorry to perceive sound about your stolen phone. if possible, your phone should contain some kind of tracking software put in on it previous to it was stolen. There's a function from Apple that is at the present free for iPhone 4 consumer called "Find My iPhone". In the history you had to promise to the MobileMe repair in order to find this. Though, by means of the newest iOS upgrade, it's free for iPhone 4 consumer. There is one more manufactured goods from "Cylay", on the whole does the similar thing, not free. Either one of these will permit you to track the place of your iPhone and distantly control it in a variety of conduct from a web browser. I haven't utilized either one; just be familiar with what they're thought to do. I'm not certain what Apple can carry out for you, particularly if you've by no means bring your phone in for repair to them or if you don't include the IMEI number, the code that exclusively recognize your iPhone.

Also lock your SIM so that the robber can't remove it into a dissimilar phone, make sure you contain a code word on your voice mail, and put your phone to lock later than a few minutes. If it find grip out of your pouch they can't identify no matter which other than 911, if they rearrange it the SIM is locked, and if they shift it to one more phone the SIM remnants locked. They as well can't find into the voicemail beginning any extra phone if there's a code word lock on that. I consider the defaulting lock cipher on AT&T SIMs is 1111 and I don't believe the lock is enabling by defaulting. Changes the code to impressive you are familiar with and that won't be guessable by a foreigner inside the limited number of release tries you find, and allow the lock. You'll have to open the SIM when you twist the phone on but it's simple and only receive an instant, and normal snooze won't source your SIM to control down.

I am using a quantity of beta software called iRedHanded which allow you track downward your stolen iPhone or iTouch remote-wipe the iPhone, watch on the robber, make sound; perform popup, and remote-admin. It appear attractive cool I gone my iPhone in the reverse seat of a cab in recent times, and utilize it to work out which cab corporation it was, called them and acquire it back. They're also carrying out a characteristic which allow you analysis your address book and does an endorsement over the air mechanically as you wander around by means of our phone. I can view all sorts of cool stuff you could perform once you are familiar with what Wifi networks an important person utilize, where they are approximately, what IP deal with their broadband utilize, what numbers they identify, find their photos.