Thread: Faulty headphone jack on Sony Vaio

Faulty headphone jack on Sony Vaio

Hi all, I have some problem with my Sony VPCM11M1E Netbook. Other things are working well but the only thing that is creating problem for me is the headphone. I am not able to hear the sound from that. To fix this problem, I contacted Sony and they told me that they will send the repair man and he will fix it. But its 1 week from my complaint but I got no response from them. Please tell me that how ling time it take for the entire repair process. Can I try anything else from my side?

Re: Faulty headphone jack on Sony Vaio

I think that instead of posting this here, you should contact the Sony Vaio Link Support and ask them about the update for the status of your repair. They are the only one from where you can get the exact answer for this. It is possible that your complaint is not registered properly. Contact them again and register it again.

As you told that you are not getting the sound from the headphone so I think that the sound driver of the computer is corrupted or not working properly. You should uninstall and install the driver again. See whether this solves the problem for you or not? If that solves the issue then it is fine but if the problem persists then you can search for the latest driver on the manufacturer site. Download and install that. I am sure that this will solve the problem for you if that is related to the driver.

It is possible that the problem is with the headphone that you are using. To check that, you can connect your headphone to any other computer and try to play some music. If that is also showing you the same problem then it will confirm that your headphone is faulty and you can go for the solution accordingly. I know that this is not the solution but it will help you determine that problem is on laptop side or headphone side.