Thread: Sony Vaio VGN-CR507E: Optical DVD RW 7560A ATA drive not working

Sony Vaio VGN-CR507E: Optical DVD RW 7560A ATA drive not working

Since more than 1 year using a Sony Vaio VGN-CR507E laptop, running with windows 7 platform. Having another Dell Inspiron laptop, running with windows vista. Along with that having an external DVD RW 7560A ATA drive. I am using this optical drive in both windows 7 and windows vista platform. But there is a problem with the drive, it is not recognized by my windows 7 machine, though this one having no problem with my windows vista machine. I tied by reboot and restart the machine, but this one does not help me. In the first time I thought this is a general problem. I searched everywhere for the solution. Suggest me some tricks to solve this issue.

Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CR507E: Optical DVD RW 7560A ATA drive not working

This sounds for the Rom drive which is installed in your windows 7 machine. I suggest you one think, this might help you somehow. For that first of all start your windows 7 machine and proceed to device manager. In that window look for the CD/DVD device name, make sure that the driver name is not showing with yellow or red icon. This means the driver is crashed or corrupted. Now right click on the driver name and select update option. I had the similar issue in my windows 7 laptop, which was also not showing the CD/DVD optical drive under my computer window. After a long tried, I did this solution and this works fine in my machine. Now there is no problem in the laptop. The drive is able to read and write disk. Try with this process; I hope this will defiantly help you.

As per my knowledge some of the hardware drivers are compatible with then windows version, in which machine it is attached. I found in so many place that this type of problem might be occurred by the windows version. Though you are using an external optical drive, which not working in windows 7 platform. According to that I think this one not compatible; with ten windows version that you are using. Did you install the correct driver for that drive? So i would like to suggest you to update the windows version that you are using. For that go to the start menu and from the start menu list, click on windows update option. This will ask you to download and install the update file(s). I hope by this the problem that you are using might be resolved.

I was having an experience of similar issue, after that I searched everywhere for the solution and after a deep search I found that this problem occurred for registry editor. And from a web site I found a registry file which helps me very much. It’s name is CDGone, download the registry file and apply in your machine, in which you are facing problem. It comes as a zip file, extract the folder and from that double click on cdgone.reg, click yes and wait till the machine requires for reboot, if this not requires then I recommend you restart the machine. Now see the drive has returned in your machine. After that you need to install the CD burner software application. Go through this, I am sure by this you can overcome from your problem.

There is a simple solution, I hope by this you may resolve your issue, so for windows 7, go to start menu and then Accessories under All programs. Type and insert Regedit in to the run command prompt and hit on ENTER. Now from the user account tab enter in to the registry editor. Locate and click on the registry file “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}”, click on export option from the file menu bar option. Under that menu bar click on Saved key, this is for the backup process. In the edit menu option click on REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters file and REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters file, click on ok. This is the resolution of lower and upperfile error if occurred in the optical drive. Close the registry editor window and reboot your machine. I think if there is any registry editor happened in your windows 7 machine, this will definitely help you.