Thread: Web cam is not working properly in Acer Aspire 5100 running windows 7

Web cam is not working properly in Acer Aspire 5100 running windows 7

I have Acer Aspire 5100 laptop in with windows 7 is running and I have web cam with it but now I am facing web cam related problem .it is not working properly with my windows 7 laptop.i have tried a lot but still i am facing the same problem so please tell me how can I resolve my issue. I am really getting frustrated so please help me out……..

Re: Web cam is not working properly in Acer Aspire 5100 running windows 7

First of all go to the software you utilize to run your webcam. After that go to the "Settings" menu for your software. If you are not sure of how to do this, make sure the help manual given with the program. Look to confirm you have the option to run a webcam device. Some programs do not recognize webcams as a source for video feeds. If you are utilizing unsuited software, open the webcam manufacturer's website as well as download the accurate program. Choose a program that works on the windows 7 operating system.

From my opinion you first have to check the driver for that press on the "Start" button situated at the bottom of your desktop. After that in the "Start Search" text box you have to type "Device Manager."From the list of devices in Device Manager, choose "Imaging device" by pressing on the "+" indication next to it. And then make sure to observe that your webcam is listed there. If not, open the manufacturer's site as well as download the device driver for your model webcam. After that install the driver by unplugging your webcam as well as re-plugging it into the USB port. This will prompt windows 7 to seem locate the driver

Ensure that you have installed any essential software. Regularly webcams will come packaged along with a CD-ROM packed along with essential software like drivers. This software is necessary for your webcam to work with Windows 7. Then Install any software that may be necessary as well as start your laptop again.

Make sure that the program you are trying to utilize your webcam with supports it as well as is configured correctly. Utilizing a webcam with a program like Yahoo! Messenger does not just automatically work. After that open the settings of the program as well as confirm that it is configured correctly to work in conjunction with a webcam.

Confirm that your webcam is confidently plugged into a free as well as working USB port on your laptop. If your laptop is not identifying your webcam, attempt plugging it into a different USB port or a different computer in general. If it works in a different port or on a different laptop the USB port you were attempting to utilize is not functioning.