Thread: HP Pavilion dv6700t doesn't read disk

HP Pavilion dv6700t doesn't read disk

I am having HP Pavilion dv6700t laptop with windows vista home premium operating system installed on it. My system was working fine but from last two days I am facing problem with my laptop while reading the DVD. When I insert the DVD into the drive it doesn’t reads it and I am getting an error message such as “please insert the disk”. I am unaware of the steps to troubleshoot it. I need solution so that I can resolve from the problem and my laptop can read the DVD disk inserted into it.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6700t doesn't read disk

If your HP Pavilion dv6700t is not reading the disk when inserted into it then you can fix it very easily. You need to check the model of the system such as optical disc tray. If the optical disc tray is given the logo of CD-ROM then it can read only CD. Older systems that were developed were having CD-ROM feature. To read the DVD the system must be equipped with DVD-ROM that reads the DVD inserted into it.

If you have inserted the DVD into the DVD-ROM and if it is not reading then there might be dust into the DVD-ROM tray. To clean the dust you must insert DVD lens cleaning disc into the HP pavilion laptop DVD tray and close the tray. You should have windows media player software installed on your system. Start the windows media player and press the play button. It will clean the laser head of the DVD-ROM which will improve the performance. The dust on the DVD-ROM tray will be cleaned and it will start reading.

The DVD-ROM might be not reading the DVD inserted into its tray because there might be scratches on the DVD. Due to these scratches it may be preventing DVD-ROM from reading the DVD. To clean the DVD you can make use of Spray rubbing alcohol or glass cleaner with a dust free cloth. Rub the DVD and try to insert the DVD into the DVD-ROM of HP Pavilion laptop. It will start reading. You can also make use of DVD player software such as RioDVD Region Free Player for playing DVD. Using these software you can read the disk that your DVD-ROM is unable to read.

There might be issue of the driver for your DVD due to which the DVD-ROM is not reading the disk when inserted into it. To resolve the disk not reading problem you will have to go to the official website and download drivers for the DVD-ROM. After installing the driver for DVD-ROM your disk reading error will be resolved. After installing drivers also if the DVD-ROM is not reading the disk then your DVD-ROM may be damaged. To resolve the damaged DVD-ROM you may need to contact HP support center and they might repair the DVD-ROM.