Thread: Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad X201i

Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad X201i

When searched about the Lenovo ThinkPad X201i, I am just getting the specifications and features of it. Actually I want to know about the performance of it. I am sure that you members must have done some test on it. Please provide some information about the performance of Lenovo ThinkPad X201i. Also I am eager to know about the display and handling of ThinkPad X201i. Any other details about the product would also be grateful. Hoping that you members will reply me soon.

Re: Performance of Lenovo ThinkPad X201i

n the test equipment is working, the ThinkPad with an Intel Core X201i i3-330M. This is the current weakness in the current mobile Core i3 line-up of Intel. The CPU operates with a maximum of 2.13 GHz, the turbo mode of the larger family (Core i5, i7) not mastered it. The two-core processor are 3 MByte Intel Smart Cache is available. Like the other "M" versions of the mobile core i3 series this CPU with a TDP of 35 watts specified. There are built especially for these new processors not only the memory controller, but the graphics into the processor, can the TDP values do not compare with those of the Core 2 Duo predecessors. In Windows 7, we use the benchmark package SYSmark2007 Preview of BAPCo. Is 17 applications are used through the different scenarios. This benchmark uses the workload in four scenarios: E-learning, office productivity, video creation, and 3D modeling. Preview SYSmark2007 open several programs simultaneously and makes the application partially in the background work. A comparison of performance with the previous platform of Intel, however, is quite legal. Adult business notebook with powerful Core 2 Duo processors reach the Preview SYSmark2007 values around 125 points. The ThinkPad comes X201i in the test for 141 points, a good value for a unit with Core i3. Notebooks with Core i5 achieved in our tests here, values around 150 points. Not quite innocent of the good result is expected in the test device used in Solid State Disk be. It is a SSD in 1.8-inch Samsung (MMCRE28G8MXP), which has a capacity of 128 GB and with nimble performance values, carefully opens it.

From the graphics performance, there are few surprises or even to report that thrill. The integrated Intel graphics solution delivers high-definition in the tests, the usual results, and remains, for example, at about 1700 3DMarks in 3DMark06. Compared to its predecessor GMA 4500MHD but this is after all more than a doubling of performance. Commendably enough brings a decent laptop with the lid lock. To open the device, both hands are necessary, because the chassis will be fixed as you move the lid. Speaking of work: The competent hinges are also very high quality. The wireless connections can be established by using a slide switch on the left side buttons properly. Disk with the operating system or complete recovery sets are also in business notebooks now a rarity - that now applies to all price ranges.

The Lenovo ThinkPad X201i makes since, unfortunately, no exception. Therefore, it is first with the appropriate tool make appropriate disk. In many disciplines, the programs are still one of the better pre-installed tools. Lenovo ThinkPad X201 offers numerous configurations to the. As usual, other devices of the manufacturer, all versions are not available at all retailers. In our test model (Lenovo ThinkPad X201i 3323) Core is a i3-330M responsible for the computing power. In the test model, the processor has access to 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, organized in two modules. The matte 12.1-inch display has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and LED backlight. To control the display unit which takes care of Intel's high-definition graphics unit . External monitors can be controlled only via VGA, not a digital output is on board. Above the display sits under an integrated web camera with a resolution of 2 megapixels. Our test model has a solid state disk equipped by Samsung, the 1.8-inch format has a capacity of 128 GByte in. An optical drive is not in the equipment of the ThinkPad.

I would like to discuss about the display and handling. The 12.1-inch display has a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels in 16:10 format. The surface of the display is running mat, the device uses an LED backlight. In the test reaches the maximum screen brightness of 186 cd / sqm. That is - especially for an LED-backlit unit - just a very average result. Thanks to the matte finish and contrast the ordinary you can still passable outdoor work with. For the uniformity of illumination of the display makes powerful advantages. Also in the corners, the maximum deviation is only in the single digit percentage range, which is an unusually good result. The keyboards of ThinkPad notebooks enjoy an almost legendary reputation. At least for models of the T-series , here the past competed in the test, this can be confirmed. When X201i Lenovo has managed to pack a correspondingly good input unit in a decent sized into concise casing. Pressure point, circulation and stroke earn very good grades, the Enter key is down a good size. In particular, proven writers were quick with the keyboard in the test very satisfied. Using the directional buttons, you can navigate thanks to the good order excellent. As a mouse are a touchpad and a trackpoint available. The precision of the two instruments is high. The respective mouse buttons offer a very soft stop without the usual audible click - all in all a very good result for the input units.

The data sheet says the ThinkPad X201 a weight of 1.4 kg from. Our test model, it brings kg to exactly 1.48. Although the long battery life (see below) the carrying of power supply and cables not often necessary, makes the sake of completeness mention that this incurred additional 0.36 kilograms of travel weight. The case and in particular the lid of the X201i are running strong. When closed, the lid is firmly on the notebook, thanks to some cross-frame shape. The cover is very rigid and holds pressure from above quite well. In the wireless radios, the ThinkPad X201i using Intel's 6300AGN module according 802.11a/g/n. Wirelessly communicates the notebook also via Bluetooth . As an internal UMTS solution module is a Qualcomm-GOBI-used. Three USB ports allow the connection of peripherals, one of the three ports is "powered" run. An eSATA port brings the laptop, however, did not cooperate. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional in the 64-bit version is used.

In order to determine the maximum run time, we simulate a text input in the most economical Windows scheme. The brightness is set to zero for this test. The Lenovo ThinkPad X201 reaches the test will run for approximately nine and a half hours, it was exactly 564 minutes. This is a very good value. This also illustrates the average power consumption of 6.6 watts in this mode - a good result for a notebook PC without special ULV CPU . MobileMark2007 does not leave it in one application, but attempts to simulate an application scenario, however, includes breaks, too. For this test, we adjust the brightness of the display to about 100 cd / sqm. The achieved in this mode term is naturally always slightly less than the maximum, the ThinkPad is the tee X201i significantly after almost exactly seven hours, the test is completed with an empty battery. If the compact notebook in battery mode power demands, it holds at least approximately two hours by - a good value. In this test we have set the brightness to maximum. CPU and Solid State Disk are under constant load. The average power consumption is in this discipline at just under 32 watts. About the so-called "Power Manager" you can adjust the settings of the power saving to your own ideas. There can also be relatively simple to define how the device such as closing the lid or pressing the off switch should behave.