Thread: USB printer is not detecting in Dim 8400

USB printer is not detecting in Dim 8400

Having a computer compatible with windows vista platform, assembled with Dim 8400 CPU. Along with that attached a Epson R300 printer . Facing a peculiar type of problem with the printer after using that one approx 2 year. Suddenly after connection it flashes that the USB device is not recognized by the machine. I reboot and reconnect the printer and properly checked the USB connector of the printer, this works fine. Then why this problem occurs, any idea on this issue? One extra information on this issue, I recently update the machine from windows XP to vista. Is this might be the problem? Any information on this which is helping me to solve this issue will be appreciated greatly.

Re: USB printer is not detecting in Dim 8400

I think there will no issue with the windows upgrade. This might be the software or the hard ware issue. I don’t have any idea whether the same driver will allow you to run the printer in another windows platform or not. I suggest you to reload the software application in your machine, might be this will help you somehow. At first you have to remove the existing software from the hard drive and then run the disk clean up application or CCleaner if you have in your machine. Then run this and check whether there is any instance of the printer software application are running or not. Now run the installer file of the printer and by following some onscreen instructions install the software. As per my knowledge after upgrade the machine there should be any issue happened with the software.

Though the USB is not recognizing by the machine then I think this should be the driver issue. Try one by re-install the driver. Before that make sure the driver that you have for the printer is compatible with the windows version after the upgrade. Not all the driver is compatible with windows vista platform, and I don’t think so the driver which you used in windows XP platform will run under windows vista platform. So if you found something like this then download the driver which is windows vista compatible and install this one. But from the beginning, if you are going to re-install the driver the first of remove the existing driver from the machine. Or you can also do one thing, directly run the driver installation file and at the beginning it will ask you to un-install the previous driver application in your machine , do this and it might be require for system reboot. After that now go for the re-installation. Go through this, it will definitely help you to overcome from the problem.

Though this problem occurs while you tried to connect the printer via USB connector. Then the problem should be in the connector. Make sure that the usb port of the machine and the printer is working fine. Though this might be the windows problem, since you update the windows version in your machine, then according to me the hardware driver that you are using is might not be compatible with the windows platform. so I recommend you to try once by attach the printer in another machine, which is having the similar machine specification that you have. If there is any problem occurs then it is clear that the problem is in the printer, though another machine is having the similar windows version. And if there is no problem occurs then it means that the driver which is installed in your machine is not working properly. So for that you need to update or to remove the driver from your machine. So I would like to suggest you one process to do this, go to the device manager from control panel and locate device manager, under that open the printer and fax driver tab, right click on it and it will direct you to locate the driver from the machine or some other place. Now insert the installation disk and select the device driver from the disk and click on install. In this process you will make a fresh install of that driver in your machine. Do this, will surely help you.

In past of few months in had the similar issue with my Lacie 160Gb portable HDD, which was also having the recognization problem in my HP notebook, it just prompted in the screen there is device or the hardware present which is for using. But did now shows the folder contents along with the device path. It only detect a new hardware is attached with the machine but did nit baled to detect which device was detected. My machine is having windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit system architecture. I searched everywhere for the solution about this problem, along with that also tried all the general and possible tricks to over from this problem. After a long time I found a tricks, which helps me very much. This is first I uninstall the device driver from control panel and reboot the machine, before that unplug the device from my machine, after the reboot I re-plugged the device and while I powered on the machine it simply detected by my machine, although there is no driver for that device. This is simply tricks, so I suggest you to go through this process. This will also might be help you to over from the problem that you are facing.