Thread: Keep old machine and save up or buy new one?

Keep old machine and save up or buy new one?

Here I having old laptop Dell Inspiron 2200 its configuration is Pentium M processor of 1.6GHz , RAM is of 1GB DDR2 hard disk is of 160 GB its working with windows XP . I am doing my MBA studies and confuse between the situations that I go for new laptop or upgrade this old one. I my most of work on office and also I need to do projects for my college for that I need to use downloads videos and images also lots of PDF files . Internet usage is too high. I also want multipurpose laptop which can give me better inert face as well as sound quality for listening songs while I working .also I love to play games on laptops .so if anybody having idea about this so please let me know which laptop is better for me and some features of that model and if I want to upgrade old laptop then give me latest configuration.

Re: Keep old machine and save up or buy new one?

If you want to save your money then go for the up gradation. Dell is best manufacturer who gives flexibility in that laptop for up gradation so as you mention you laptop is of Dell then no worry for upgrading: here some of the latest configuration I am giving you for up gradation.
    • Get LED Backlights with Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis.
    • Get Intel i5 processor for giving you best performance while working on multi application.
    • Upgrade your RAM with 4GB DDR3 .
    • Hard disk you can upgrade up to 500 or 640GB .
    • DVD writer with 8x speed .
    • Web cam with 2.0 megapixels.
    • Get graphic card of DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX for best gaming experience.
    • Upgrade battery with 9 cell Lithium-Ion Battery.
    • get latest operating system Windows 7 Home Premium for better working experience.

Buying new or upgrading old one is depends on your budget but if you are going for upgrading you r laptop the I have some tips which you ho w to choose better processor for your laptop as per your needs.
    How to choose right processor:
    • If you are daily computing requires high processing speeds for work like Autocad, 3D animation or animating software or heavy graphic game then you can go for the quad core processor.
    • If you are uses like daily internet surfing, E-mail processing, Stock trading, Microsoft Office products the go for Intel Dual Core, Core 2 Duo or AMD processor. Only one thing you need to check is its speed has at least 2 MB cache and 2.2 GHz.
    • If you having more budget the n go for new versions i3, i5 or i7 from Intel. These are best for multifunctional applications with great speed.

Here I am giving you some tips for getting best operating system for your requirement because its play main role while you working.
    First I suggest you go for windows 7 but in windows 7 there are two versions, 32 bit and 64 bit. here some tips how to select best one :
    • For normal working or usage it doesn’t matter, which version you are using.
    • If you are using applications like Mathworks SIMULINK which are heavy to use then you need 64 bit, but if you need only multifunctional with basic application like office and internet surfing then 32 bit is ok.
    • 64 bit is only working as back up to the 32 bit

I think now days rates of laptops are decreasing so if you are planning for buying new laptop then you can get better laptop from Dell in your budget is nearly or little bit more than upgrading your old laptop. Do as per my opinion go for new one. Here I am giving you specification of one of the model.
    It’s Dell Inspiron 17R.
    • It has wide screen of 17.3 ‘’ with high definition display.
    • Powerful processor of Intel core i3 and also available in i5.
    • Additional laptop covers with different colors
    • Battery life is of 8 hours and storage capacity of hard disk is 640 GB.
    • RAM is of 4GB DDR 3 and weight is too low as compare to any other 17’’ laptops.
    • It’s best fro your requirement.