Thread: High RPM or high memory?

High RPM or high memory?

I am searching for new laptop which best suit for me. I am confused between two criteria that are about hard drive I have option of two hard disk one is with 640 GB space and RPM is 7200 and another is 1TB memory and 5200 RPM. As I am going to learn MBA so need to do lots of projects and presentation also videos and images. I want more space but as well as I want speed also. So I am confusing between this that which one I should choose. If anyone having idea about this so please let me know.

Re: High RPM or high memory?

As per my knowledge if you doing MBA then you need to go with the speed because you have option for memory you can extend your memory by using external devices like USB flash or CD/DVD and external hard drive this can be options are available for you but as you said you doing MBA then I will suggest you to go with speed with fast transfer high space hard disk doesn’t work for you but for more space you can take external devices.

I think there are lots of option for getting more space on your hard disk like using file or data compressing software’s or defragmentation of hard disk . I am suggesting you to go with speed first and then for space you can use this steps for defragment you hard disk which are:
    1. Go on start then all programs, go n accessories and then systems tools.
    2. You will get disk defragmenter option click on it open that software. Fill all required information and click on ok.
    3. Now go with defragment which will start the process, its depends on your size of your hard disk and amount of the data which you want to defragment it will take few minutes or around hours to complete.

As per my experiences I will suggest you to go with memory because there is one major reason for this that I can explain you.
    when you’re trying to run any program on your computer then that program need some memory for installing or loading itself. In case in your computer does not given amount which is require for that programs then your program getting frequent trips to the hard disks to complete the loading of the program in to memory. In technically it’s called paging. If it’s frequently happening then there are chances of failing those programs. So there are requirement of space is necessary in your hard disk. And also you said you need to transfer files for projects and presentation hen you need more space for smooth transaction. So I am suggesting you to buy hard disk with more memory. It has both befits you can get more sped and if speed is more, then speed you can get automatically.

For this questions you can get deferent answers from different peoples, but as my suggestion go with speed because there are lots of options for getting more sped on your hard disk ,that are:
    • Delete all downloaded program files which you not required
    • Delete all Windows temporary files such as download links or error reports.
    • Delete all installed programs that you are not using.
    • Delete all temporary Internet files.
    • Keep clean your Recycle Bin.
    • Delete optional Windows components that not required
    • Delete unnecessary restore points from System Restore.