Thread: Battery drops down 45 % after Hibernation in 12 hours in Sony Vaio

Battery drops down 45 % after Hibernation in 12 hours in Sony Vaio

I have recently bought a fresh sony vaio e-series notebook with Windows 7 64bit operating system. I have come across several users who have got a similar trouble and I require to fix it. In 12 hrs i drop 45% battery on hibernate as well as 20% on shutdown. I considered it might be the battery, but I have verified with someone else who has precisely the similar laptop and they have accurately the similar results. It have to be software or windows 7 linked. So anyone has any opinion how to fix this problem.

Re: Battery drops down 45 % after Hibernation in 12 hours in Sony Vaio

I purchased an IBM X61s/Vista 3 years ago. At the start, the battery didn't exhaust. It started to drain after a couple of MS updates or by applying patches. After I reinstate Vista again to factory default, the battery terminates to drain during hibernation. After several phone calls to IBM, they lastly confessed that there was a trouble. A year after, Microsoft silently issued the 970031 patch and my trouble was lastly solved. though, the battery drain resurfaces by means of Windows 7. Lenovo confess there was a problem, however, it has to rely on Microsoft to problem a patch which is God knows when!
    The only recognized workarounds are:-
    1. Unplug your power adapter previous to you hibernate the laptop or,
    2. After you hibernate your laptop, remove the battery for two to three secs and reattach it.
    I hope that these will also you out to solve your laptop problem also.

After switching off the Wake timers in my laptop, I was easily achieving no drain problem overnight. I went into those settings concerning the Wake Timers and disable them in my present power profile and attempted it for about 2 weeks now. I am now losing about just 2% power in 8-10 hrs over night. So it relay work out for me. Don’t frighten to modify back to the previous settings (enabled) to observe if there is a battery drain cause that setting will not remove your data to go out. This may you out from this post so try it on your laptop and check out what is the result.

Yeah it the setting which told me it relay work satisfactorily on my laptop. Previously my laptop loses about more than 50 % of power whenever I tried to hibernate and again restarting the laptop. But as you mentioned form the above post I done the same and laptop power is now working very fine for me. It dropped from 50 % to 25% of power. I want maximum to lose 10 % of power. So is there any alternative so that I can really work it out properly on my laptop.