Thread: Specification for Dell Latitude C840

Specification for Dell Latitude C840

Hello friends I am looking to buy a used Dell Latitude C840 laptop from a friend of mine and so I would want to know the specification of the laptop as he is not able to give the exact detail of the laptop. He is requesting me to go over to his place and see all by myself, but I would want to know the specification of this laptop before hand so as to make my self clear before I finally decide to give thumbs up to this laptop. So please friends provide with some quick and relevant information as I am looking to but this laptop as early as I can.

Re: Specification for Dell Latitude C840

Hey my brother also have this laptop and as far as I know the laptop has Pentium 4 1.8GHz and 512MB of RAM and it has got 120 GB Hard disk on it. If you are just looking for performing some low and easy computation task that doesn't require much of the laptop process than this laptop will be good for. But if you are looking for something related to gaming or performing tasks that requires very high speed and memory then this is the one to choose.

Hello dear I would like to inform you that this laptop has very less capability to advance and that you should think of something different if you wan to have the latest features on your laptop. This laptop supports PC2100 Ram with the maximum speed of 1GB, now a days there are 4 GB Ram available as well so I think that this is very less as compared to the latest RAMs that are available. Also, the maximum size of the hard disk is 120 GB which is again very less as compared to the new hard disk which have upto 1TB memory. So in all I can say that this is certainly not the choice of the new generations.

This is the complete specification of the Dell Latitude C840 laptop, I hope that this will help you in knowing what are all the specification so that you can decide upon whether you want to really buy this or not.
    • RAM: PC2100 with maximum speed of 1GB
    • Hard Disk: PATA with maximum size of 120GB.
    • Optical Drive: DVDROM/CDRW
    • USB: 1.1
    • FDD: Yes
    • LCD: Size 15"
    • Video and Graphics card: ATI 9000 , ATI 7500 and NVidia cards.

Hey I have got this laptop with me and I can tell you that this laptop is really not that up to the mark. There is no room for improvements in this laptop and that you can only get which is the minimum requirement for the laptop. I am looking for giving away my laptop as soon as possible so that I can be able to have a laptop with much more fruitful features in it.