Thread: Need help on dell XPS 710 hard drive update

Need help on dell XPS 710 hard drive update

I am currently having XPS 710 and I am now planning to add a bigger hard drive. At present the system is running 2 300 Gb drives as a NVIDIA stripe single drive. I am looking to add a 2Tb drive. So I want to know that can I perform this updating with my hard drive. Will my system be capable of handling this new drive? I need you advice on this topic. I am running windows XP on my machine. I want to also know that what will be the biggest hard drive which my computer will handle without any stress. Do try to reply me as early as you can. Thanks.

Re: Need help on dell XPS 710 hard drive update

I think that the windows XP OS can handle the 2TB hard drive without any problem. One of my friend is also using the 2Tb hard drive with the XP and he is using it from the last 2 months and till now have not faced any problem with his system. Keep one thing in mind that if you will cross the capacity of hard drive over 2 TB, then it will create problem for you XP OS. I think I have provide you the require help.

I am sure about the XP but I don’t know whether your system will support you new 2 TB hard driver or not. Before answering to your query I will like to know the system specifications of you machine. If you will provide me that information, then probably after looking at it I will be able to provide you some suggestion about your query.

Thanks for the reply. As you have asked me to provide the system specifications of my machine, so I will like to provide you that info. My machine is having the following configuration-Processor-Intel Core 2 6700 @2.6Ghz, RAM-3.0GB,Graphic card- NVIDIA 8800 GTX,
    Operating system-XP Pro Service Pack 3. I will request you to go through this post and suggest me the whether this system will able to handle 2TB hard drive or not. Help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.