Thread: Acer Aspire 6930 HDD problem

Acer Aspire 6930 HDD problem

We've had problems with our Acer Aspire 6930 laptop essentially since we got it and have had hard drive problems with it in the long-ago, and our warranty has currently expired. A fresh hard drive was put into the computer about a month ago so I'm pretty certain the hard drive itself isn't the problem. The hard drive seems to be hard to find though and the computer will not boot to windows. I fond of screen shots of the only two screens so as to will display upon put in place, and they point to that the difficulty lies with bad connectors or cables. From the next monitor following the label "fixed disk 0:” it appears starting the random lettering that it's not even being correctly recognized. Tell me how can I replace my SSD?

Re: Acer Aspire 6930 HDD problem

You strength be asking, aren’t SSDs sturdier and quicker than HDDs? Yes and no. On the one give, there are no emotive parts in SSDs, which makes them extra tough and drop-resistant than hard drives. On the other hand, the exacting SSD module built-in in the Acer Aspire One is kind of pokey, which revenue that nearly everyone commercially accessible 1.8″ hard disks (like the type used in iPods) will give you better performance. And it turns out that there’s just sufficient room inside the Acer Aspire One case to cram a 1.8″ disc in there.

I land off the two 'legs' from the base of my another drive cover, however establish that I would contain wanted to grind the genuine envelop itself on the exterior curve to obtain a make to fit so gave up (though id say it’s likely to do) The only replacement cover I could find would contain cosy me so I determined it wasn't value the cash. an important person here may suggest a cheaper circumstances to reason them may be Below strength be another option for you to consider maybe, worked for me In the end I determined to use a SSD, get it out of its 2.5" with this space, enfold it in Laptop tape and old tiny cover pads (the blue things) to ensure it didn’t move around. I set the SSD as my boot drive in the Bios.

I Would like to give some suggestion here as per my knowledge first you have to do this take away the hard drive with the metal cover still on, lift it at the front wherever the SATA connector is then slide upwards. The main has a SATA adapter or on it so you can boost it up, do not pull down along the laptop. There is a foam pad less than the drive in the pics to sit the drive at the correct elevation to stay stage with the SATA connector, and two as seen in the pics that embrace it tight once the cover is replaced.

I replaced the SDD with a WD 40gb drive, I don’t have any problem there is no issue with the connector, used the original ribbon cable, it worked fine for like 13 months, then in progress to load actually slow, with times around 200ms, so I put back the SDD and worked great all over again. If you are install new cable then you have to check physically. Sometime SSD not recognized in the BIOS. If your cable is not working properly then you appear this following massage, Massage is PXE-M0F Exiting PXE ROM. Otherwise replaced the bios with vo 3310 from the Acer Aspire Site.