Thread: How to unlock the camera card

How to unlock the camera card

Friends, my memory card for my digital camera is locked automatically. I don’t know what happened to that but whenever I try to capture any image then instead of storing that, it shows me the message that Card is locked and image cannot be saved. This is a 4 GB card and still has about 2.5 GB empty. If you know that how can I unlock that then please let me know. Every suggestion will be appreciative. Thank you!!!

Re: How to unlock the camera card

If your card is locked than it will not allow you to write or read any data from that. You have to follow the steps below to unlock that.
    1. See at the side of the memory card and you will find a tab in the slot.
    2. Move this to up or down and make it in the same line as icon which is there on the card of the unlocked padlock. This will make your card unlock and you should make sure that this is unlocked before using the camera.
    3. Again insert the card in the camera and once you have unlocked it then it will again start to store the images and videos into the card.
    4. When you are done then you have take the card out.
    5. To close the padlock you have to move the tab on the memory card back. This is not compulsory but this will prevent the stuffs that are stored in your computer to be deleted from other users.

It may be the problem with the memory card that you are using. It may be corrupted. You can do one thing to fix this issue. Remove the memory card from your computer and connect that with the computer using the card reader. If it is getting detected there then you have to format that completely (Not a quick format). Once you are done with the formatting then you can again try to insert that back to the camera. This time it will store the images.

As you told that you are using a 4GB memory card and getting the problem. I was also using a 4GB card and facing the same problem. I tried many things to fix that but that was not helpful. Finally one of my friends suggested me to use memory card of less memory. Now I am suing a 2 GB card and not facing any such problems. You should also do the same and I hope this will do the same for you. Thank you!!!

You can try some other card of the same memory and see whether that is also showing you the same result or not? If that is working fine then you have to change the memory card. According to me this is the only option that is left for you. But before going to buy the new, you should try all the possible solution for this and keep this as the last option.