Thread: Digital Rebel cannot autofocus

Digital Rebel cannot autofocus

Friends, I am using the Digital Rebel from about 2 months. It was working fine for that period bit suddenly from last week it auto focusing. If I don the autofocus then it just searches but never click the focus. Is there anyone who has faced the similar problem or have any idea about this. If you know answer for this then please post that here. This will be very helpful for me.

Re: Digital Rebel cannot autofocus

It seems that the AF sensor needs to be clean. For that you can take it to any professional cleaner or you can also clean that by yourself. I would like to tell you that the AF sensor is at underneath of the camera under the mirror. If you want to get the blower in then you have to lock the mirror up. But be careful before doing this because it can dam age the mirror assembly very easily. So do it or your risk. If you don’t feel comfortable then you should take it to any professional cleaner as suggested earlier.

There is possibility that the connectors are dirty. If that is the case then also this problem may occur. If you want to check that then you have to remove the lens and you will be able to see the connectors. You can clean that with the help of eraser of the pencil but be very careful while doing this because if you do a single mistake then it may damage all the sensors. The best way is to take to any camera store and they will check that safely.

I think that you have selected the Ai Servo focus min it and that is why it is not able to focus that. Usually in one shot AF mode the chosen AF point becomes red along with a verification beep as well as a circle come into view in the lower right of the optical viewfinder. You have to check the AF mode and set it to one shot mode. I am sure that this will definitely do some development.

You should confirm that the lens is turned unless it locks all the way. If you do not do this and twist it then you may get the error sign. Even if you drop the auto focus lens then also there is very tiny gears that is inside will get jam and build clicking and grunting sounds while on auto focus.