Thread: Dell Latitute Z600 battery not charging

Dell Latitute Z600 battery not charging

Dell Latitute Z600 Notebook battery is not getting charged. I tried to charging the battery 100%, the indicator also shows the full charge. Then the machine is up about 5 minutes and passed suddenly. The loading capacity of the battery is shown after these five minutes with "less than 3%". Looking for someone who might had a similar experience and has made solved this problems. What might be defective please help.

Re: Dell Latitute Z600 battery not charging

If the notebook is running on AC power, the charger is OK. It would be highly unusual if the charger supplies of electricity and charges the battery (not as dirty contacts). Well, either you try it with a third battery. By the way A new battery for an old laptop in my opinion is not worth buying for the moment A good laptop today costs around 800$. A spare battery for your old laptop will cost you no less than 200 $. I think now you would have got what am i trying to say. Last year I bought a spare battery for my ancient Toshiba only because of the still running on XP, otherwise I would have left fingers on it. Before buying a new battery just think over it.

Well sounds like this will help you further. Recently I had a similar problem with a brand new Medion netbook. Maybe it's a Medion-specific issue. As soon as I switched on the charger, initially nothing changed at all. I just tried one thing and to my surprise it started charging i started my laptop and the put it to the stand by mode. Ejected the battery manually finally after reconnecting the battery. The problem was fixed my battery started charging.

The first charge should be quiet 24 hours, then take the battery without mains really empty, and recharge 24 hours. This cycle repeated twice. During subsequent power operation, the battery before you start quietly removed. Once a month, you should activate the battery and recharge it immediately, but only by PC-use empty drive and then charge. Perhaps you have also time to perform a complete charge-discharge cycle.