Thread: Dell Inspiron N5010: Wireless Driver not working properly

Dell Inspiron N5010: Wireless Driver not working properly

Recently bought the newest Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop, it very much impressed me with its feature and looks. The machine is running under windows 7 32-bit system architecture. I basically use this for internet access. Which for that I am using wireless network from my home network. But the problem is, the wireless network driver in my machine is not working properly. I think after encounter a problem in my machine. I installed Intel Wireless connection utility to solve or to recover this problem but while I run, it shows that the network adapter is not able to locate. How to get rid from this problem? Any suggestion for this issue will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Dell Inspiron N5010: Wireless Driver not working properly

According to your post and along with the problem that you mentioned in your post, it complete indicated that the problem is with wireless driver. I suggest doing one thing before attempting any tricks to recover this issue, update the wireless driver that you are using in your machine. Locate the driver from the device manager from that windows expand wireless tab, inside the tab locate the driver and go for the update. During update the driver version, be sure that your wireless modem is not connected with the machine and the network. Otherwise there might be any problem will occur. It might be ask you to configure the modem with the network after update the version, so if this need then do it. I hope this process will surely help you to solve the issue.

I also think that driver update will be surely help you to overcome from this problem, this process is also you can do by the using of driver disk which is comes along with the router. Insert the CD into CD ROM drive and go for manual update of the driver. Open System and Maintenance from Control Panel, and under that windows locate for device manager. At the beginning of the process it might be require inserting the administrative password. Now enter in to the Network adapters tab, from there select the driver that you are using for wireless connection. Double click on the device name; it will appear a pop-un window in your screen ore you also precede to same path from the properties of the device name. Under that click on driver tab, now click on browse option which is adjacent of Update Driver Software wizard, it will ask you to locate the software application from any location. Locate the application from disk that you inserted and start the process by permit window to do this installation.

I think this might be for the security problem in your network service that you are using. If you are using default password and user name in your machine, then this might be cause of this problem that you mentioned in your post. The default means some of the router manufacturer are having default password and user name, which is used while you are log in to the network first time with the router. But this one should be changed after that. I suggest you if did not change that one still now then I recommend you to change the user name and password from the network and sharing option under control panel. Click on new network set up or connection. Set up the network and during the creations insert the desire user name and password to access the network from next time with this profile. Now delete the earliest one. Make sure that you are configured properly the newly created profile, I recommend you for this you need to follow the earliest network connection setting.

This could be happened for the network modem driver which is installed in your machine, so as per my opinion I think this problem will be recovered with the update of driver that you are using in your machine. You simply locate that one from the device manager and select the driver and go for the update of that driver. Some times by using the earliest version of driver or the crashed driver, these problems may occur. So do this, I hope this will surely help you to resolve the issue.

The hardware driver for any device in the machine is also depending on the windows version where it will install. So as per my opinion update the windows version that you are using and for that open the start menu and from there go to windows update. Click on that, it will appear the windows update version with all information’s regarding this. Update the window. Now try to re-install the wireless driver in your machine. If it installed then there will no problem will occur, otherwise if it not installed then it will give you a error message for not installing. I think the driver version that you are trying to install in your machine is might not be support the windows platform version. If your wireless service is by default in your machine then during the windows update it will detect also that driver and directs you to install it in your machine. if this does not helps then I suggest you to download and install the windows vista driver which is compatible with the system architecture, because some of the driver are also works on both windows vista and windows 7 platform. So windows vista compatible driver will might be support by windows 7. During the installation select the compatibility mode.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600