Thread: Dell Inspiron 1545 CMOS error

Dell Inspiron 1545 CMOS error

Here is the laptop my uncle is a inspiron 1720 with vista on it. It happened to start windows but then not do anything at all. Forced to turn off the pc by forcing the button. I launched a test equipment in the boot menu. I found the following error when the hard drive test-DST.
    Error code 0142.
    Error code 2000-0142
    Unit1; Drive Self Test failed. Status Byte = 70
    The hard drive is HS? Need to reinstall Windows? Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1545 CMOS error

The Error code 0142 corresponds to the hard drive that means you will have to check whether your hard disk is in proper and working condition. I will suggest you to get your hard disk reconnected you need to get it disconnected first and then reconnect it once again. If the problem persists still then you should try to contact the dell customer support as it seems as your device is stillwithin the warranty period.

I have a critical problem. My DELL laptop is not working perfectly up to the general Vista. So it is not fallen down yet other. I've tried to defragment it and check it for errors. Height -> blue screen error message STOPS. crazy to the error code that I know nothing around. So I have booted the laptop in safe mode, hoping, as one probably. what to do. Problem is still there. Then came the message:
    Hard Drive 1 Error
    Error Code: 0142
    2000-0142
    I've read that you need to buy new hard drive.

Your notebook does not detects the hard drive. Is the drive defective. So I guess that you have a SATA hard drive. Maybe you ought to start during the setup, press F3 I think. To load a third device driver. You ought to have on a floppy disk or do what Many manufacturers also really enjoy that you download the drivers you need. install the drivers as per your make and model of the laptop. Restart the laptop and get your problem fixed.

Does anyone have any idea how to do a CMOS patch brings to a laptop. Without this patch it will not recognize my IBM R40 Laptop mini. I have a PCI wireless cards for IBM. Therefore, i am able to download the patch, but sometimes i cannot. Should it be possible with the new bootable floppy disk, but no floppy drive. Please tell me how do i get this problem fixed.

With IBM and Lenovo, there are BIOS updates, but always in two versions: Disc and Non-disk version. Invite you down the easiest non-disc version and run the EXE from. Make it sure that the machine is powered on and the battery is inserted. At IBM there are some software installer that checks your system for possible updates, downloading and installing (as with the MS Windows Update). It will also upgrade the BIOS.