Thread: Alienware M17xR2 not locking up while it is on

Alienware M17xR2 not locking up while it is on

Having a serious problem in my Alienware M17xR2 M17xR2ultra portable laptop. This is not locking during. I am not able to lock while it is either plugged with AC adapter, or the machine in un-plug mode. Not bale o lock the machine when it is turned on. It is simply head ache for me, whenever I go out by taking a break from my task, what I am doing. How to make it locked? I checked everywhere for the process to do this operation, but did not found anywhere anything, though I have no such idea on this, that’s why I am here. Is there anyone having any idea on this? why I am not able to lock the machine. Any tips for this issue?

Re: Alienware M17xR2 not locking up while it is on

As per my knowledge if you are talking about system locking up process, then I will say you this is the windows by default function. You have no right to do this operation. If you don’t know about this then I suggest you to follow the following processes to locked up your machine. this should be the windows default function and this can done by some simple key’s. for windows lock simple press “windows button+l”, while you are working in any task and are willing to lock the window then press these keys, and if you wish to resume in the earlier environment then you need to press ctrl+alt+del, and if you assigned any password protection in your machine then it will require after pressing these keys.

Another way to locked your machine is by pressing ctrl_alt_del, by pressing these keys you will able to choose more than one options, those are computer lock, task manager, shut down, log off or from that prompt you can also can able to change the password of your machine if it assigned. Though you are looking for the system lock prompt then this will can be able to do from that prompt. There is a cancel option, which is used for you will don’t like to do any operation. From this prompt also if you will go for system lock then for back to earlier windows mode this will require to put the system password. This is simplest and most effective way, by this you can choose more than one option. This is windows by default operation, so you are not allowed to make any changes for that.

Similar issue with my Dell Inspiron laptop, which is running under windows vista platform. In this machine I also facing a peculiar type of problem, during accessing internet in my machine the computer automatically locked in every 3-4 minutes. I can also able to lock the machine manually, but this problem occurs I would like to know. Along with that, another problem which I am facing is that when the machine locked the machine screen will also freezes for some while, not able to do anything in that time. This one is basically happen, while the machine is connected with internet. I need to boot the machine again, and some time I am not able to boot the machine or it will take a lot time to do this. What is the actual problem can anyone having any idea on this issue?