Thread: Installing programs on Solid State Drive is it worth

Installing programs on Solid State Drive is it worth

I play a lot of game but recently i have installed a new game on my system and it appears as all my hard disk is occupied and there is no space for other data. Now i am planning to go for a Brand New SSD is it possible to get all these installation on an SSD. Please tell me how can i install an application as well as games on my Solid State Drive. Also tell me is it worth spending so much to buy a SSD? The benefits outweigh the costs?

Re: Installing programs on Solid State Drive is it worth

As for the price, it is expected that the price of SSD decreases by 50% by the end of 2009 and the same percentage decrease in the years to follow, so the price difference between SSD and traditional hard disk drives will persist over the next five years. If this were not enough, according to a study when a user buys a laptop or a desktop computer does not put much attention to the rate of permanent data storage device, rather tend to choose a product with greater capacity and the fact that SSDs have a minor cut , the choice goes on a traditional hard disk.

A SSD, improperly called solid state disk is a device that probably between 2-3 years will replace the traditional magnetic hard disk-mechanical. The functions are those of an SSD to store data permanently (that is, if there is no electric current data are not lost). In what context the solid state memory can overcome the less expensive traditional media. I think it is not a good idea to purchase a new Solid State Drive for this problem.

What we see is a time of booting the operating system much reduced compared to that which is at a hard disk. The start time of an application is shorter. Applications such as databases, development tools, the first part of OpenOffice.org. As far as web browsing or reading e-mail, the improvements are present but are perhaps more subtle. The gap between SSD and HDD tapers if you choose a hard disk as the latest generation of Seagate Momentus Western Digital VelociRaptor or in addition to being fast consume little power.

The solid-state drives (SSD) Solid-state disk, make use of nonvolatile flash memory to NAND so there are no moving parts. As there are no mechanical devices and heads to read or write data to disk (as is the case for traditional hard disk), the SSDs are faster read and write in many cases. What catches the eye, however, is the high cost per gigabyte of solid state devices ( 3 to 5 $ per GB), while the 2.5-inch hard disk costs about $ 0.60 per gigabyte. Not to mention that the 3.5-inch hard drives have a price / GB even lower.