Thread: HP Color LaserJet 2600n printer not recognized in windows 7

HP Color LaserJet 2600n printer not recognized in windows 7

Bought a HP Compaq Presario f739 TU laptop with inbuilt windows 7 platform. Along with that bought a HP Color LaserJet 2600n printer, which is used in my shop. I used my laptop as the domain machine which is shared with more than five machines. The problem is that, the machine is not able to detect the printer driver in my machine. When I connect the printer with the USB post on my machine, it flashes a message; the USB device is not recognized. What should I do? I installed it properly. Any suggestion on this issue, to resolve?

Re: HP Color LaserJet 2600n printer not recognized in windows 7

I think this should driver issue, un-install the printer drive and along with that also remove the software application which is installed in your machine for the printer. Go to the control panel and from the program and feature from down list remove the driver. Now insert the printer driver disk which is comes with the printer and run the driver installation disk, make sure that the printer is connected with machine during installation, and follow the screen flashes instructions to install it. Reboot the machine and the install the software application for the printer. I hope this time it will not create any problem.

Reboot the machine and connect the printer with USB port, make sure that USB is connected properly. Wait for till the message will flash into the screen that, select the driver manually. A pop-up window will open, which will ask you to browser the hardware for the device which is connected. Select that option and leave the machine to detect hardware of the printer, it will automatically locate the hardware of the printer. Now after few minutes, it will show you that the device is properly configured with machine and ready to work. Now you insert the installation disk and the printer and the machine should be connected. After installation restart the machine and again connect printer.

If you r not having the driver installation disk I suggest you to download the driver from manufacturer web site, that is from HO web site. Start the installation process, by directly connect the USB port, and make it stop when it says “connect the printer to the computer”. Now go to control panel and under that go to Devices and Printers, look for the option Create a new port, select that one and along with that select Standard TCP/IP Port and click next or go. If there is any issue with sharing the printer in network will also be solved by this issue. In the next step if there is the sharing problem then you need to insert the printer IP Address. I had the similar issue, for this issue I did not able to access the printer from both domain and the other client’s machine. But this process works, now there is no problem with the printer. Try this.