Thread: Dell vostro 1510 laptop webcam does not work with skype

Dell vostro 1510 laptop webcam does not work with skype

I am using dell vostro 1510 laptop from about 4 months and have never faced any problem with it. Yesterday when I was trying to use my inbuilt webcam with the skype, then I founded that my webcam is not working with that. I am not facing problem when i am trying doing video chat on yahoo messenger. The problem is only with the skype. Why is it so? Do you any solution for solving this problem. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply, so please try to post you reply as early as you can. Thanks.

Re: Dell vostro 1510 laptop webcam does not work with skype

I have referred you problem and for solving that one I will like to advice you some solution. As you have mentioned that you are able to work it on the yahoo messenger, so there is no problem in your webcam. Try to install the latest version of skype software on your machine. The latest version released for skype is 5.0. If doing this does not solve you problem, then I will advise you to reinstall the skype software on your laptop. I hope that after trying this solution you will be able to solve your problem.

I have recently purchased dell vostro 1510 laptop and it today morning the webcam on my laptop was working fine, but in the afternoon when I started my laptop and tried on the webcam, then the webcam on my laptop was not working. I have tried to reinstall the webcam driver CD which came with my dell laptop, but even after trying this solution I am not able to solve my problem. How can I solve this problem? If you have some knowledge related with this issue, and then please tries to help me out. Thanks.

Well for solving this problem I will like to suggest you some fixes which you can try out on your machine. Have you checked the webcam in the device manager? Are you able to see it there? You have to make sure that when you are trying to run the webcam, then at that time no other software must be running on your a laptop. You can also try to update all the drivers on your laptop along with the webcam driver. Hope have helped you.

I have gone through the solution of updating the skype software, but of no use. Then I had tried to reinstall the software and this time it really did work for me. Now I am able to use my webcam with the skype without any problem. It was really a nice solution. So finally I will like to thank you for this help and also for spending you precious time in giving me the reply.

I have dell Vostra 1510 , i have faced last night a strange problem when i were using Skyp , my web cam were working fine but it were appearing Word Creative in of my freind secreen ( we were opening web cam to each other )
    , i knw that creative is kind of web cam therefore i were afarid that someone is hacking my cam using creative Web cam , is that mean any thing or that just normale ??????? iam waiting your reply and i appreciate that very well , thanks you .

No... there are some possibility of hacking webcams but in your case its not hacking. Dont be afraid of that. That might be some conflict with the drivers. Make sure you have installed the drivers from Dell Official site. Just to ensure, remove your previous driver and install the latest one.