Thread: Toshiba A200-21T crashed while booting from a pendrive

Toshiba A200-21T crashed while booting from a pendrive

I am using the Toshiba A200-21T laptop from the last few months and using the same from last few months. I am having the windows vista on it and when I tried to upgrade the same to windows vista with the help of a pen drive and that moment my system crashed. It happened thrice now and I am not able to install the windows 7 on my system. And while installation a get an error saying that: can’t load file c\...\winload.exe. I am getting this error on a DOS window and after that system crashes. But with windows vista everything goes well. Please help me to solve this issue.

Re: Toshiba A200-21T crashed while booting from a pendrive

It seems to me that the set up that you are trying to install is corrupted and that is the reason why it is not installing on your system. Now what you have to do here is that instead of using any pen drive for the installation you have to use the original CD that will help you to install the proper setup of windows 7. It happens that if a setup is corrupted then it is not being installed on the system and the evasive action is taken since the system freezes and at last results in a shut down. So do install the operating system from a trusted source.

You are not able to install the setup due to the compatibility issue. First of all you have to make sure that the system that you are using is compatible for the installation of windows 7 and if it is not then you should not force the installation, because if you are forcing the installation then it may give you this kind of error. And it may also harm the operating system that you already have. Here are the minimum system requirements for windows 7 that will help you to know where your system lacks:
    • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

Well According to me the USB drive that you have connected for the setup installation is not been detected properly, or you have to check with the BIOS whether the first boot device is Pen drive or not. And I also think that a window 7 which you are installing is getting conflicted with the windows vista which is already being installed on the system. And it is not letting the installation process to complete, so in this case if you don’t need the windows vista then you have to format the C: and then install windows 7 on the same. I hope that this will help you to resolve the problem.

I have solved the issue and thank you all of your vital solutions. I get it done by just arranging the bootable devices in the proper way in the BIOS. And also my pen drive was not a bootable device I mean to say that it was not created as bootable device and that is the reason why it was not detecting it by far. I rectified the same and solve the problem faced by me easily.