Thread: My Dell Laptop supports only 64-bit software.

My Dell Laptop supports only 64-bit software.

Hello! Guys, I have recently bought Dell laptop. And I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop. Now I need to install drivers for video card and my Intel graphics cards and for my iBall webcam and also for my network connection but I have meet with the condition that the dell software are only available for the 64 bit edition of Windows 7. If this is the case then it will be considered as the big problem for the users of Window 7 and Window Vista 32bit version. And how I can do more partition without formatting my hard disk?

Re: My Dell Laptop supports only 64-bit software.

In case of Intel graphics and rest of all the driver that the dell has provided you is in 64bit form it didn’t mean that you dell support only 64bit. From my point of view you should visit to the respective sites for the 32bit version driver. Since the developer had developed both the versions of driver. And they have made available on their respective sites. After taking the dell laptop you're not narrowed to just getting the drivers from the Dell website. And if possible update your window and then install the new driver. Hope it works for you.

I think there are a number of options that are useless don’t make any logic. There are ample of option already exist. Windows 7 professional 64-bit, windows 7 ultimate 64-bit, windows 7 home premium 64-bit, some linux distro 64-bit, that we really don’t need. Why after having so much option you want to go to 32-bit on this obsession that only officially supports 64-bit? I will suggest you to stick with the Window 7 64bit. You should download all the latest drivers from their respective sites for proper working.

There might be the reason that there is not being appropriate driver for the whole thing. What if there aren’t 32-bit drivers for the respective dell hardware that is built-into the Notebook? Then question arises in your mind. Why is it so meaningless that all this excited to use 32-bit as there's clearly no cause to use 32-bit over 64-bit? So stop arguing on 32 bit and 64 bit it really increases confusion of Windows 7