Thread: Thinkpad T43 Hard Drive Compatibility

Thinkpad T43 Hard Drive Compatibility

I just got a renewed my IBM ThinkPad T43 and was truly happy. My primary step was to substitute the worn hard drive so my original lappy would hand round me long long time. After the substitution on 1st boot I find an error code 2010 which says that the hard drive firmware is not right. I thump escape and installed windows. On each boot I am getting the same error. Windows OS installs fine...no other issues. I don’t get it that where it is going wrong and how do I make my new hard drive working for this sweet laptop. There must be many guys who have upgraded their laptop so what you guys say about this laptop as which hard drive I should be buying for this laptop, Actually I can still exchange my product ;-) Please Help me!

Re: Thinkpad T43 Hard Drive Compatibility

I guess your windows laptop might not be having latest hard drive firmware which needs to be installed on your laptop in order to make your new hard drive, Mind It! I am talking about the HDD firmware for new one which you might have forgot to install on your windows os. So your windows operating system still has older firmware which does not seems to be compatible with your laptop. I suggest you to check about the same. You must have some CD or manual along with the hard drive in which you would find the right way to install this hard drive on windows system and make it working. I recommend you to go through the same.

Before you exchange your hard drive I would like to inform you that it is necessary to check that the hard drive is in working condition or not. Actually while you buy a new hard drive and if dealer have said that it is gonna be working with your laptop so I would like to inform you that to try this hard drive on some other laptop where it might gets worked. Actually problem seems to be with the version of the operating system which you have installed on your machine due to which it is showing compatibility issue. Please check running the same hard drive on some laptop with the latest updated operating system.

I have noticed the same problem on my Windows Thinkpad when I replaced the hard drive of it. Actually this is a problem when your BIOS cannot work with the new hard drive. You just need to do some things in the Windows BIOS after which you won't be having any such problems. First of all reboot your machine then press the F1 key which will show the BIOS. Here you need to go to the Startup section where you find a section to select continue after a faulty message concerning HDD! Once you have done this thing then you won't have to press ESC every time you boot your windows.

I feel that this issue is similar to what happened when I tried the same thing with my Hitachi 160 GB. But I have solved the problem as it my Hitachi laptop was not so compatible with the new hard drive. Here I have given you the solution for the same.
    Config:
    1 Hitachi 160 GB for the OS
    2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
    I downloaded the ISO bootable from the Seagate website for my model, I burn the ISO, I boot the CD on the machine in question, I do a scan disk, Seagate sees him out two discs, It starts well. As void by I see info like what you have to remove non-Seagate drives or disassemble RAID, I'm starting, always after, if that fair, service and basta! And although the app to wane in turn two Seagate without asking questions and bypassed the Hitachi saying "no Seagate disk".