Thread: Why can’t we upload 2 GB files on Nokia N8?

Why can’t we upload 2 GB files on Nokia N8?

I have recently brought Nokia N8 which is very attractive phone. There are many applications in Nokia N8 which are quite exciting. I mostly play all my video in avi player; we can also play a sample video in this player. The sample video and the original file use same codec. So, one day I was trying upload 2 GB file but it didn’t worked for me. I tried it few times but I don’t know why it’s not working? Can anyone please suggest me what is the solution to upload and play 2 GB file in avi player?

Re: Why can’t we upload 2 GB files on Nokia N8?

I never came across such problem in Nokia N8. As, per N8’s specification, 16 GB storage, 256MB RAM, 512 MB ROM. I don’t think that it should give you problem. Even, if it’s giving you problem then you can download and install these files in your mobile phone.
    Nokia N8 RM-596 v011.012 + InstallServer.exe
    By installing these files you can easily upload 2 GB avi files on your Nokia N8 which will allow your mobile phone to upload and play in avi player.

I think if you upload this file on your phone and upload on your computer device you will find a huge difference. When you are uploading and playing on your Nokia N8 you will find that it will play but slowly. How the performance of a video should be but it won’t provide you. If you are playing the same video on your computer device you will find that it performs well and you will also enjoy it watching. I don’t think that Nokia N8 will perform well when you upload such heavy files in your mobile phone.

I completely don’t agree what you are saying. If you install a high definition video on your Nokia N8 and suppose you have a video of resolution 1280*720 , For such video to be uploaded it will take 50 MB and the time duration it will take will be around 3 mins only. Now you can tell the difference? I don’t think that it will have a huge difference; I think the file which you where trying to upload can also be corrupted. Nokia N8 does not support any corrupt files. This can also be one reason for not uploading your file.

When you have phone like Nokia N8 one should know that Nokia N8 does not directly support avi files. We need to convert avi files into MP4 format which Nokia N8 supports. I know that avi files are the popular files available on the internet but still for uploading and playing on Nokia n8 we need to convert avi files into MP4 format. You can easily convert avi files into MP4 format with the help of following software.Aunsoft Nokia n8 Video Converter software. With help of this software you can convert your avi files to MP4 files. It’s one of the best avi converter for Nokia N8.