Thread: Acer Extensa touchpad stops working in Xorg 1.9

Acer Extensa touchpad stops working in Xorg 1.9

I have comprised an Acer Extensa 5630EZ by means of an ALPS GlidePoint touchpad. I am working with Arch Linux 64bit by means of KDE 4.5.2 and Xorg 1.9. I have encompassed and been working with Arch for in excess of a year at present by means of no touchpad tribulations utilizing the usual synaptics driver. On the other hand, by means of the Xorg 1.9 to bring up to date, the scrolling and tapping haphazardly stops running. I have encompassed to restart X to get it back the entire in excess of again. I have not found an additional way. I not am able to reliably reproduce it. Even though I feel it occurs when I utilize keyboard shortcuts or combinations. I not am able to be certain regarding this. I am familiar by means of by means of the intention of the whole synaptics arrangement settings has shifted from HAL to evdev and I encompass completed with the intention of. I have position out of action HAL at startup and merely have dbus working.

Re: Acer Extensa touchpad stops working in Xorg 1.9

My laptop is an Acer Extensa 5630EZ and it have comprised been working with for in excess of a year with Arch without tribulations. On the other hand, in view of the fact with the intention of the xorg 1.9 upgrade the touchpad edge scrolling immediately haphazardly stops running. The whole thing else continues working extremely well. I have encompassed searched the discussion and Googled additional than have not originate no matter which by means of the intention of fixes it. Logging out and back into KDE gets the scrolling running the entire in excess of again (X restart I guess). I am attractive much stumped for ideas. I have comprised and made the changes recommended. And at present I am waiting to observe if it occurs the entire in excess of again. The scrolling would immediately stop running randomly. And I have not found a method to reproduce it dependably.

On further testing I observe by means of the intention of the entire kind of tapping actions have encompassed in addition stopped running. The touchpad at present merely runs to shift the cursor approximately. Simple tap, corner taps for right and central point clicks are not running moreover. This occurred to me on one of my laptops (even although together of them have encompassed a Synaptics touchpad). For a number of reason I determined to do a pacman -Ss synaptics and become aware of there was a package named libsynaptics which I have comprised by no means become aware of previous to and did not encompass installed. Well I inaugurated it and my scrolling and tapping came back the entire in excess of again. I have not looked into the matter several further so I do not be familiar by means of if this is indeed a innovative package or what, other than I got by immediately extremely well without it until xorg 1.9 came along.

I am searching for the tribulations with the intention of seem related to excavation does not bring up much. The Xorg 1.9 being innovative is almost certainly the reason. I have encompassed and gone from side to side the updated installation guide and endeavor to get the whole thing in order. Additional than without HAL, I have encompassed no suspend/hibernate alternative in KDE a VMWare determine to not work. The tribulations come into view even if I run DBus simply without HAL. So I have decided to immediately run HAL. I have encompassed and eliminated the entire the extra stuff I do not necessitate at startup. Most significant is syndaemon in bashrc (completely forgot I had with the intention of it).

I have not had several tribulations the in view of the fact with the intention of I put out of action the entire the extra stuff. I do not feel similar to finding the exact cause in view of the fact with the intention of I imagine it was unambiguous to my own setup. Though I suspect syndaemon. I determine to go ahead and mark this as solved the entire in excess of again. I went from side to side the installation/beginners direct on the wiki and organize the whole thing as if I had presently installed. The xorg page was updated a small number of days subsequent to the upgrade. I put out of action the entire the unnecessary daemons. As mentioned earlier, I encompass to utilize HAL for KDE as an alternative of the recommended dbus merely. Then I re-enabled stuff as obligatory. I have not had the tribulations since.

By defaulting, Synaptics touchpad’s are capable to become aware of the numeral of fingers on the touchpad; ALPS touchpad’s are not. If the touchpad is tapped by means of two fingers, it determine to emulate a middle hit it off. If the touchpad is category by means of three fingers, a right hit it off determine to be emulated. To start syndaemon you necessitate utilizing Gnome's Startup Applications Preferences program. In the Startup Programs tab hit it off the Add button. Name the Startup Program no matter what you approximating and input several comments you similar to (or leave this field blank). In the command field add: By defaulting, Firefox is set up to do particular events upon tapping or scrolling convinced parts of your touchpad. You be able to edit the settings of those actions by typing regarding: config in your Firefox address bar. To modify this alternative, twice hit it off on the line in query, changing "true" to "false" and vice versa.