Thread: Incompetence of Lenovo for air bubble in x61 lcd screen

Incompetence of Lenovo for air bubble in x61 lcd screen

My X61 Tablet is at present guarantee but I have been constantly dismissed by Lenovo's "techincal" connection declaring that this is air bubble damage caused by the consumer. in fact I've been apply too much stress on the LCD causing it to crack - repeatedly.

Here's the scenario of events that shows the lack of skill of their so called engineering team of Lenovo.

1. Approximately end of August 2009 I see a bubble developing from the at the back the bezel 2" off the left base border of the screen
    2. I go after the routine of opening a ticket, obtain a box, copy & done backup up of the data which I had , box/ send the machine and organize of weeks of loss in productivity with no laptop
    3. Following close to two weeks I obtain message about the bubble and am told right away that the fix would be billable (around Rs 3500 for replacing the LCD)
    4. I ask for an growth and a more exact report of what they attention the problem was. These whiles away some more days and I get a picture from their repair center
    5. They put a sticker after that to the bubble and maintain that it was a break caused due to heaviness on the LCD. "Even the least pressure can sometimes origin a crack to appear".

Re: Incompetence of Lenovo for air bubble in x61 lcd screen

I think you just required to reapply the top layer department or the polarizer. But this is absolutely not a user fault or an consumer fault (if not you touch the LCD screen by itself), but somewhat a malfunction in the developing process of the lcd screen of the ThinkPad cause the layers are not applied appropriately inside the lcd screen by the layer department, so that why air was allowed to go into to create the bubble inside the lcd screen. So check out to replace it from them.

So it appears that big names are not excused from total uselessness. Me too I also face the same problem. But something had happened in this case has been put on air bubble grasp twice in the last due to the same misanalysis - pressure crack. Those here, who believe that the LCD is cotton candy, are false. Usually about an 18lbs of force is needed to break the screen. Remember that this is a tablet we are discussing about and it is destined to be used pen not a quill duster. This is usually made to be tolerating to 5-8lbs of force.

In my case, the bubble occurs at the lower side of LCD screen (the windows task row at the base) yesterday. When I establish it first, I thinking there may be some crack reasoning this bubble to come from the border of LCD, but base on the watching for one day, it seem as if chemical change of the layer happen to have the phase change.
    1. It is not screening any movement, which appear to effect from the crack (e.g. the movement beside the gravitation, like air bubble touching up in the water tank owing to the thickness difference).
    2. It is not contacting the border of LCD as if it occur in the way it is there, not pending from the exterior.

I'm feeling that it appear no help to contact the client service, but I'd like to listen to anything from others who have like issue and expect that Lenovo engineers can understand this report, if possible.