Thread: Do windows 7 will work in X60 ThinkPad?

Do windows 7 will work in X60 ThinkPad?

Hello friends, I am preparing to install the Microsoft windows 7 on my X60 ThinkPad, Is the Microsoft Windows 7 edition will work for the simple eject function for my Ultra base available for the X60? So does anybody knows or has anybody tried to check out which software or the driver setup will able to work in Windows 7 for the X60T ThinkPad? If so then please reply to my post as soon as possible. Help will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by denny walter; 27-11-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Re: Do windows 7 will work in X60 ThinkPad?

I suppose that it depends on what you like. I like the windows wireless setup so i don't use access connections. i don't akin to Lenovo power manager, I m currently using windows. I like Lenovo’s keyboard customizer utility as well as hotkeys. I would install Lenovo’s system update slightest and let it scan our system and observe that if there is any updated drivers is necessary after you install windows 7. Windows 7 installs most of the driver automatically so there is no need to check out for the eject function windows 7 has the inbuilt function present onside it. I used the update version of windows 7 but I by using a custom install, that gave me a clean install. Doing the improve install from MS Windows vista kind a messes things up from time to time.

Hi friend me too have installed the Microsoft Windows 7 on my ThinkPad x41 Tablet. Windows 7 update got me most of the drivers I required right off the bat. I believe I had one or two already I had to search on Google on my own for the update for some necessary update. This completed my tablet functional accurate out of the box, so I am in doubt why your ThinkPad x60 is not I think that it has to work though my notebook is older version than that of your ThinkPad. I would attempt to reinstall it again and I will look out what happens. On a side note of the Lenovo Update installed all the Lenovo necessary programs without any problem. So check out that properly.

I will suggest you that windows 7 definitely work inside your x61 ThinkPad so after installation completed. Start a download from the official Microsoft Windows 7 download site – you will get a key gen there. I have it running on my ThinkPad x61t and it works nice to me Last thing I m attempting to get is the auto turn to work. The whole thing else, buttons, pen, etc. working great. It downloaded a bunch of Lenovo drivers on the primary Win upgrade. I was still able to install Rite pen. I'm very overwhelmed with Microsoft Windows 7.