Thread: TouchPad stops working on Dell Inspiron 1720

TouchPad stops working on Dell Inspiron 1720

I am having Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop which is having many advanced features. I have installed windows 7 operating system on it and it is working fine. The operating system is compatible with my Dell Inspiron 1720 and I have installed only limited software which is used regularly. While browsing the internet I am facing problem with my touchpad. Sometimes my touchpad is not working or it is working but results in malfunctioning. I need a solution to troubleshoot this problem.

Re: TouchPad stops working on Dell Inspiron 1720

Malfunctioning of touchpad is due to overheating of laptop. When you are using laptop from long time then after a certain time period passes you should shut down the laptop so that it is not overheated. You should also clean the fan area to free it up from dirt and dust. Before cleaning the fan make sure that it is disconnected from the power supply.

I am having Acer Aspire 3620 laptop with Microsoft XP operating system installed on it. From a week I am facing with touchpad. My touchpad cursor is shaky, jumps across the screen or double clicks by itself. I need a solution to troubleshoot Acer Aspire 3620 laptop touchpad so that it is properly functioning.

To solve the touchpad issue you need to check the drivers of the touchpad provided by the Acer Aspire 3620. Remove the drivers and reinstall it again. The name of the driver should be Synaptics for the touchpad in your Acer Aspire 3620 laptop. If there is driver problem then this steps will immediately solve the issue of touchpad

For troubleshooting touchpad issue you need it sensitivity from the control panel. To adjust sensitivity you need to go to the control panel and select hardware and sound. Click on the mouse and when the new window opens click on settings tab. In this section you can adjust the sensitivity. Also you need to clean the touchpad with rubbing alcohol because there might be grease on the touchpad. This is the common factor causing the touchpad failure.

If your laptop touchpad is not working then you can solve this problem through the touchpad drivers. You need to uninstall the touchpad drivers from the device manager and restart the system. After restarting the system you need to install the touchpad drivers again into the system because there might be error in the driver which prevents the touchpad from working. You can go to the device manager through my computer icon on the desktop and select manager. If the problem is not solved then you need to replace the touchpad.