Thread: How to fix keys of Lenovo T500

How to fix keys of Lenovo T500

Hi I am having the Lenovo T500 laptop and using from last two years. It has served me the best till now and also not gave me any kind of problem, but the only thing that is disturbing me is the "P" key on my keypad. It seems to be unhinged from the keypad and also not responding to the tasks. Some times when I press that key then nothing happen and also in some cases when press the same then it gives me continuous P's. And the major problem is it comes out of the keypad if the laptop is hold in other way. So please let me know the way which will help me to fix this issue.

Re: How to fix keys of Lenovo T500

I think I can help you in this case, if the key that you are talking about is falling from the key board continuously then you have to fix it up. First of you have to check whether the key retainer is fine or not. What you have to do is just remove the key cap carefully so that you will not damage the key retainer. Then you have to remove the Key retainer carefully and place the same key retainer with the new one. Keep one thing in mind that you connect the same key with similar type on the laptop. For this you can contact the official keyboard dealer he will help you to get the key retainer. Now after changing the key retainer you have to just place the cap again and leave the system for few minutes. And after sometime when you will start the system you key will also work fine with it.

According to me you have to just order key form the market and then set it by your own. It may happen that the key cap is not doing well or having broken effect then you have to just buy the new key cap and set it. As mentioned by you that the key here is broken so I will suggest you to just remove that particular key delicately such that it will not harm the key retainer. And then put the new cap on the same. I hope doing this will definitely resolve your issue.

I think you have to place the complaint in the Lenovo support and get the key replaced. As said by you that you are using the laptop from the last two years then definitely it must not be in warranty. So replacing the key there will charge you but they will give you the original one. So do one thing visit the nearest Lenovo service center and place a complaint over there and let them know the exact problem faced by you. I am sure that they will help you to solve the issue.

I am also facing the same keypad related problem. But my problem is that whenever I press a key on the keypad it behaves not in its own manner but will perform any other function, Now when I press @ (at the rate ) key of my keypad then it is showing me “ (inverted commas) and vice versa after pressing “ key . I don’t know what it is wrong with it and why I am facing this problem. Please help me in this case and get me out of it.

Well in this case what you have to do is just visit the customer care support of the laptop company. Try and find the nearest service centre and place complaint over there and let them know about the problems that you are facing. Now the other thing is if your laptop is under warranty then will not charge you and if your laptop is under warranty then they charge you nothing. So contact them as soon as possible and it seems to me that they will cooperate with you and will also help you to solve the issue.