Thread: Low HSDPA speed in Nokia x6

Low HSDPA speed in Nokia x6

I got Nokia X6 mobile phone on my birthday two months back and it was working really good till now. I am really happen with it all features and quality of images and sound is really good but when i tried to have the download using HSDPA it was really slow and i was having really slow performance in it. I am also confuse between 3G service and HSDPA because they are almost same but i am not able to get better speed from HSDPA. So if anyone have clear idea regarding both please let me know.

Re: Low HSDPA speed in Nokia x6

I think you are not able to get the maximum speed using HSDPA that is High-Speed Downlink Packet Access that allow to have the higher data transfer speeds and capacity. You might be in the low network coverage area there you are not able to have the speed to used to get, because the service only depend upon the network coverage. I advice you to try same data transfer using HSDPA in better network coverage area and let me know if similar problem you are facing while transferring data at high network coverage area.

As you have asked for the difference between 3G service and HSDPA the main difference is the speed at which you can transfer the data and can download. 3G provide you with less speed as compare to HSDPA which provide quite good speed for transferring the data using it. 3G provide you with 364 KBPS connection whereas HSDPA which is also called as 3.5G provide with 3 MBPS connection that is really high when we compare both of them. You need to really ask your network operator for this kind of problem you are facing because this can be only solved by them as speed depend on the network strength. I think they will have better solution for you regarding your problem.

HSDPA is a new mobile data protocol and is also referred to as a 3.5G which is faster than 3G service. HSDPA provide you with great speed of data sending as compare to 3G service but as you are saying you are facing low data transfer speed while using HSDPA then you can try to use 3G on your Nokia X6 that can provide you better speed as your HSDPA service isnot able to provide you with sufficient speed. When you are at 3G mode you need to move to options there in settings and go to connectivity and Admin. Now there you need to perform settings for Packet data and just switch on or enable High speed packet access after which if you are in a 3G area it will provide you with up to 3.5G. I think this can be the option for you to replace HSDPA for data transfer as you are not able to get the speed you should get and it should provide.