Thread: How to get firmware update for Nokia C7

How to get firmware update for Nokia C7

I have gone through some of the website on internet and found out that Nokia have released latest firmware for Nokia C7 Version 12.003 v1.06. But I am not able to have it on my phone when I am trying to have it through OTA and OVI I am getting massage as 12.003 already exist and it is installed. Still not able to resolve the problem and struggling to get the firmware version on my phone. So if anyone have solution for it please let me know so that I can have latest version for my Nokia C7 that will be really helpful.

Re: How to get firmware update for Nokia C7

Yes you are right the latest firmware version that has come for you Nokia C7 is 12.003 but the versions are differentiated on the bases of particular region of a country and the operator. Different operator gets different version of the firmware, you can see clearly from the display by typing type *#0000# that there are added numbers following 12.003 below the heading Custom Version and Language Set. Those are just separating the different language on the bases of country and the operator versions but the basic firmware is unaffected. So you can look for the firmware from official Nokia website there you will surely get the firmware that will work for you.

I don't think there should be any problem getting the firmware update for your phone and yes Nokia has recently released the firmware for Nokia C7 the fresh firmware update is numbered v12.003. You can simply downloaded from Nokia Software Updater or using Over-The-Air (OTA). But you have mentioned that you are not able to get the firmware using OTA the problem can be that the firmware might not be available in your region so for that you may have to wait for some days or even for few weeks before firmware update is obtainable in your region. I think it is the problem in your case firmware is not available at your place so you have to wait and try after some time or conform the same with Nokia service center.

Yes Nokia have released latest firmware for Nokia C7 and the firmware varies from place to place as already mentioned in above post. The latest firmware is 012.004 v2.01, v2.02, v2.03 and it has minor data packages as 2.01, 2.02, 2.03 but the version can be available in some region or may not be available in some. And also the firmware vary from operator to operator as you have mentioned you were trying to download 12.003 v1.06 that might be not available in your region, so you can try to get the version which is just released for your phone. I think this will be really work for you to have the firmware for your phone let me know if you are able to work with it so that i can provide you more information related to this.

Hope you have solved your problem as solution provided by the above post. And if you have not still able to get the latest firmware for your Nokia C7 then past option that remains with you is just visit to the Nokia authorized service center and explain them the problem you are facing to have firmware in your phone via OTA and OVI store they will provide you with the better solution and and if possible will provide you the firmware application themselves in your phone. So this can work for you if above solution doesn't work.