Thread: Can not find service tag for a Dell system.

Can not find service tag for a Dell system.

I am having a dell vostro 1014 laptop and using it from the last one year,. Initially i was using windows Xp operating system and recently have upgraded the same to windows 7. But the thing is that when i have installed the operating system i am not able to to find the appropriate drivers for the same. So is it possible for me to get the drivers. I visited Dell support but they need the service Tag for same and the scene is that i am not having the service tag and without the service tag they can't do anything. So is there is any way that will help me to recover the service tag and also will let me to install the drivers.

Re: Can not find service tag for a Dell system.

It seems to me that you can get all the drivers back which were initially stored on the system What you have to do is install the driver finder software on the system of yours . What it will do is it will search for a drivers which are currently present but not active. After the search just save that drivers somewhere else and the again install the windows 7 on it. After the installation you have to install those recoverd divers on the system. I am sure that this process will help you to get all the drivers back and also will able to resolve the problem that you are facing.

I think you have to use the Belarc Advisor for finding the service tag. Actually the thing here is that the service tag is always stored on the system only but we are not able to find the same. Now Belarc Advisor is the software that will find that service tag for you. What you have to do is just install the software on the system and run it after some time it will give you the service tag number of your system. Then you have to just use that service tag number and contact dell for help I am sure that they will help you in this case and also will provide the appropriate drivers needed. The Belarc Advisor will also let you know the hardware configuration of the system and that will assist you to download or demand for the related drivers.

Well in this case I will suggest you to reinstall the operating system, because in normal the window 7 locates the driver on its own. So do one thing that keeps the back up of all the required data and then hard reset your system. Later on install the operating system and let it find the drivers and I am sure that it will work but in case it failed then call the dell customer care and place a complaint over there and let them know the exact problem that you are facing . I hope that they will cooperate with you and also help you in this case.

I was also facing the similar problem when I upgraded my dell laptop a few days back, and was not able to find the drivers for the same. And I guess you are also going through the similar phase, so what you have to do to get rid of the problem is visit the official site of dell and search the drivers over there. Just search with the help of the model number that you are using.

Actually it is very easy to find the drivers just visit Dell and then see whether your model number is available or not and then just select it with the combination of the operating system that you are using. And then download the appropriate drivers, after downloading install the same on the laptop. I will assure you that it will work for you and you will get the drivers required. And still if you are not able to get then directly visit this link: http://supportapj.dell.com/support/d...nConsent=False