Thread: Bluetooth problem in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Bluetooth problem in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Few days before only I have upgraded myself from desktop to Lenovo ThinkPad T400. My system was functioning properly but I upgraded my BIOS setting to a new version. After the upgradation of BIOS my Bluetooth device from my system was disappeared and connection was lost. I am not able to understand the problem and therefore I need a solution for solving this Bluetooth problem.

Re: Bluetooth problem in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Suppose that you have upgraded your BIOS in Lenovo ThinkPad. After the successful upgradation of BIOS you need to follow the below steps to check that Bluetooth is enabled in your Lenovo ThinkPad T400. The steps to enable Bluetooth are given below:
    • Turn on the system and press F1 button continuously.
    • After pressing F1 button you will enter into the BIOS setting.
    • In the BIOS setting go to the Security-->I/O Settings--> Bluetooth adapter.
    • In the Bluetooth adapter if the Bluetooth is disabled then you need to enable it. After enabling restart your system and insert the Bluetooth device. The Bluetooth device will be identified.

After connecting your Bluetooth device into the laptop a message will automatically pop up saying that new hardware found. Suppose that you have connected Bluetooth device into the Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and it is not identified then you need to check the Bluetooth device in the device manager. You need to follow the below steps to go the device manager.
    1. Right click on the my computer icon from the desktop.
    2. Select manage and then click on device manager.
    3. In the device manager if you can see the Bluetooth device then the Bluetooth device is connected. If not then there might be a problem with your Bluetooth device.

I was having Microsoft windows service pack 2 installed on my desktop. First time when I connected the Bluetooth device on my desktop it was detected by my system and there was no connection problem while using it. After some time when I connected the Bluetooth device again into the system it was not detected. Also I want some tips while using Bluetooth device so that I can troubleshoot problem of Bluetooth.

You can troubleshoot the Bluetooth connection and detection problems by the following steps given below.
    1. If your Bluetooth device uses battery make sure that the battery is fully charged.
    2. If you are using transceiver that connect your computer through a USB port then you can try connecting the transceiver into the another USB port of the system.
    3. If you have multiple USB drives or multiple Bluetooth device then you should eject it from the system because these additional devices which are not in use might interfere with the Bluetooth device.
    4. You should verify that the Bluetooth device is powered on and that it is enabled.

To solve the Bluetooth you need to follow the below steps.
    • Be sure that the Bluetooth device is discoverable and in your computer system it is set to enable.
    • After inserting the Bluetooth device in the computer system click on the notification message and then open Bluetooth Settings.
    • Under the Bluetooth device window in the option tab, click on the checkbox next to Turn discovery and then click on apply button.
    • Now you need to enable the Bluetooth device that is connected to your computer system. To enable click on the checkbox next to Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer and then click on ok button.
    • After clicking on ok button Bluetooth device will be identified.