Thread: Lenovo T61 CPU speed problem

Lenovo T61 CPU speed problem

Hello friends, I have Lenovo T61 which I have purchased a few months ago, it was working fine until yesterday when I started the laptop to do some work it was working very slow. The booting itself took a very long time to complete. Also, when it was finally booted and all the icons came onto the screen the movement of the mouse was very slow and when I click on the My computers tab it again took a long time to load. i have restarted my laptop many times but then also allot of time is consumed for any process to load completely. So can any one help me to sort out this issue. I am in areal mess as I am not able to perform any task on the laptop completely.

Re: Lenovo T61 CPU speed problem

Hey I would like to know from you that the last time before switching of the laptop have you download anything before that required some installation to complete and whether you have left any installation incomplete before switching of the laptop. If this is the case then you must either make that installation complete or completely remove the installation from the laptop. This incomplete installations usually cause such kind of problems in slowing down the processor speed.

Usually the processor becomes slow when there are too may processes running simultaneously on the laptop. To find this you can go to the task manager and check out the processes running on the system. If there are too many of them then you can select the process that doesn't belongs to the system. So you can select that and then press End process, this will end all the processes that are currently running which you don't want. but remember that you don't the system process as it will cause some damage to the laptop.

Hey why don't you scan your laptop just to see whether there is any virus that has entered into the system. The scan result will tell you exactly what is the problem, usually if there are viruses in the system then I guess, this could the reason of your laptop running slow. So if you detect virus then also remove or heal all the viruses that are there and make sure that you use good antivirus software for removing the virus. Also, it is recommended that you always scan your laptop every one week to better be secure.
    Last edited by Fox28; 26-11-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Hey I was also facing the same problem few months ago and got to know that laptop memory had become full and that is why it was causing this problem. I had too much stuff installed in my laptop which is why my laptop was becoming very slow whenever I would run any application. To overcome this I had to removes some data because there wasn't any other option left so after removing some data from the laptop and freeing some memory, I was able to run the laptop smoothly without any lagging problem.