Thread: Lenovo TP W510 laptop freezes randomly while playing a video

Lenovo TP W510 laptop freezes randomly while playing a video

I am working with Lenovo TP W510 laptop and having problem with it. My laptop freezes in between while playing a video. It happens several times in a day. For solving this problem I have tried a clean install with Windows 7 Ultimate OS. I have also installed the entire latest driver from the Lenovo website, but even after doing that, it did not makes any difference to the problem, still my laptop freezes the same. I am able to hear the video sound while the laptop freezes, but it is not responding to the mouse. I have Nvidia FX 880 graphic card on my system. Please help me with this problem. Thanks.

Re: Lenovo TP W510 laptop freezes randomly while playing a video

Even I was facing the same problem with my laptop. One of my friend suggested that the problem is related with the motherboard. So he advised me to reinstall the motherboard driver. I tried the same with mu machine and it really did solve my issue. So even you can try to do the same thing on your laptop. Hope it will help you.

I have tried a solution for solving my issue, so I will like to provide you the same. First try to uninstall the graphic card driver. Now try to restart the system and after the restart now try to reinstall the graphic driver. Now try to test whether the same problem is occurring or not. If you will try it will really help you out.

I am facing the same problem and I have already tried the solution of reinstalling the graphic card driver, but it is making no difference in the problem. As I was frustrated with the problem so I had tried to make the contact with the Lenovo support team, but I am not getting the proper support from them. I have sent them a mail before 4 days and till now they have not replied me back. So I will request you to provide some fix for this particular problem. Thanks.

I have gone through both the solution which is mentioned above. First I had tried the solution of reinstalling the motherboard driver and then I had also tried to reinstall the driver for the graphic card, but even after doing these reinstallations, the problem was being solved, but only for some time. After couple of restarts I am now again getting the same problem. Though I will like to thank you for the help which you have given me. Please suggest some different solutions for this issue