Thread: T400S displayport HDMI audio problem

T400S displayport HDMI audio problem

Hello friends I have got this HDMI cable for viewing the the videos on to the external monitor connected through the display port. Now the problem is that although the video comes on the external; monitor when I plug the cable in the display port but the same video audio is not coming on through the speakers. I use the Thinkpad T400S to connect to any external device through the cables to view the videos. So can anyone help me to know what is the exactly problem and what can be done to overcome this kind of problem.

Re: T400S displayport HDMI audio problem

From which device you want your audio to come out, is it a laptop speaker or is it a speaker that is connected with the hdmi monitor. If it is a speaker connected with the hdmi monitor then make sure that the speaker is working properly by connecting it with the other laptop, even if it is not working with the other laptop then I guess that the speaker is damaged and will not work. Also, if the laptop speaker is not working then please remove the cables and plug it again or try different things to make the speaker work.

Hey you dot you check the cables which you are currently using with the other device and see if it works with that. I t can be that the cables are damaged and that is why you are not getting the audio output that is required for the videos. So first check the cables and if it doesn't work there with the other laptop as well then you have to buy a new one, hope you understand what I ma trying to say.

Hey I also had a similar kind of problem with my laptop when the hdmi was not able to give the audio output when connected through the cables. So what I did is plug in the headphones to the laptop to check if the audio was coming through the headphones and what a surprise the audio was coming and was able to hear clearly through the headphones. Later, I had search about this problem and found out that, the speaker was having the defect as it was not compatible with the Hdmi screen to play the videos.

hey I was looking for the solution of your problem after saw your thread here and after looking for and searching various information I got to know that the lenevo T400S, doesn't supports the display port to give the audio output. The audio level is supported by various other Lenovo laptop starting from version T401S, all the earlier version doesn't support the audio output. So its no point waiting time in searching for audio related information in this laptop.