Thread: Lenova Y550 Fan Noise

Lenova Y550 Fan Noise

From last week the fan in my two year old ideapad y550 started on the way to create too much noise. It appears that it may possibly be getting inferior as well as, known that it has by no means been this noisy, I am pretty certain it means a little is breaking or broken. Does anybody be familiar with some superior way of troubleshooting for a computer fan or else should I get it in? The computer has by no means been fall or harmed in any way. The majority punishment it goes all the way through is being approved approximately every day in my backpack. however I am for all time cautious by means of it.

Re: Lenova Y550 Fan Noise

I too have exactly the same problem by means of the similar exact model. Are these made on the way to die at a certain time? For the reason that this is weird we are both here. Please any one provides any suggestion in order to get rid of this trouble. Thank you in advance for any suggestion. Your suggestion would be appreciated.

I would suggest you to first of all try on the way to clean the dust. And see if this resolves the problem. If the problem still persist then Check download page for bios update, bios update may possibly resolve your problem however due to it is been over two years, you may require on the way to replace it.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. As per your suggestion I just opened it up the back panel as well as started the laptop. It appear the fan has a extremely minor movement up/down. It is extremely quiet however I be able to somewhat sense it at what time touching it. Fan may require replacing however I at a standstill have to do the bios update.Been uncertain in view of the fact that I have a dual boot by means of windows 7 as well as mint and wanted on the way to make certain I had backups of both systems presently in case.

Well, permit me on the way to share some suggestion, for the reason that it was a living "heck" trying on the way to discover a replacement.There are no FRUs on this part, as a result anyone inside Lenovo or IBM was capable to discover the part from me. It was actually simple on the way to swap out. My fan vibrated for the reason that I dropped it on one occasion. The new one is dead silent. I even looked to observe if I may possibly fix the original, however it is not repairable.Let me be familiar with if you require any more info!

I checked on that listing on the way to confirm, as well as you should check with yours. Observe on the round sticker on the underneath of the fan, I think that the part number must be AB7005HX-LD3.I highlight this for the reason that of the proprietary nature of brackets. As well as yes, Lenovo or IBM could not do nothing by means of that number either.