Thread: System not staying at sleep mode in LENOVO X201 laptop

System not staying at sleep mode in LENOVO X201 laptop

I have a problem with the laptop that it is not ready to go in the sleep mode. I am facing this problem from last too many days; I don’t know what hell is happening to my laptop. I have LENOVO ThinkPad X201 laptop running under Microsoft Windows 7, has a processor Intel i5-540 @2.53GHz,4GB RAM and GMA HD Integrated Graphic card. This laptop is still having warranty and the guarantee for this product. I am facing this problem while I am putting my laptop in the “sleep mode”, after this nothing happen, only turn off the system, and then manually I want to start the laptop. Is there sit anybody has a solution for this kind of problem please give it to me, I need to know what the hell is happening to my laptop. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: System not staying at sleep mode in LENOVO X201 laptop

There might be a problem in your system, and this error may happen to your laptop if it has damaged button, means the connection. if your button is ok then just try to restore your laptop factory setting and then just press the blue ThinkPad button at the startup time and then select the restore option, which automatic solve this problem easily. From my side I have only this solution; I hope this might work on your system.

This is also happen if your system has lost the in build feature like sleep mode. This is not the perfect reason but has some possibility to cause this type of problem. You can solve this type of error by simply reinstalling all the software and reinstalling the system again on your laptop. Try this I hope this work on your laptop, I wish you have your luck with you.

System stay in the sleep mode by using the memory modules, this memory is a RAM module. Your system fetches more power because this system is nothing doing anything but behind this mode your application is running under it. If your system not gets proper process for doing this task then also you may face this problem. For this you can use MEMTest tools which continuously test the RAM modules. Don’t think you can solve this problem.

You first thing that just understand that sleep mode is power saving state, this mode saves all the current application that running under it state, and allow the system to resume all the data with high power, when you want to work on that data, at this time your system fetches some more memory to process all the data. In any cases if your RAM might get corrupted due to any technical reason, you may face this type of problem, so just replace the memory, I hope this solution might work on your system.

If I were at your place than I just choose this only solution means I just restore whole system, this might automatically solve this try of problem. Because if in cases your system has lost the path to sleep mode, this is happen due to bad sector that stay’s in the hard drive. Restoring the system will automatically wipe out all the data and reinstall all drivers. Try this solution I hope that fix your problem.