Thread: Need help for my W500 graphics problem

Need help for my W500 graphics problem

Hi all, I just want to sorry for my bothering I have a trouble that has puzzled me long time My W500 is 4058-CTO, Windows 7 Pro 32, along with T9400 and 2G Ram, 250G hard drive, switchable graphics for FireGL V5700 and Intel GM45. The trouble is, when I switch to distinct graphics, the display for all time automatically changes to the "Duplicate" mode, thus the resolution is 1024x768, I have to press FN+F7 and choose "Computer Only" Mode to switch back to 1680x1050. I am not able to understand that since for this matter I have previously format my system disk and installed it one more time in my system. On the other hand it did not work. Also this matter happens when I start the windows in discrete graphics mode. I really be grateful for this if anyone can help me.

Re: Need help for my W500 graphics problem

I have also faced this kind of issue but it gets resolved currently and my system is working properly without any of the issue. Here I want some of the information from your side so if you provide this to me so I will be able to help you in a better way. I want to know over here that do you have the most recent BIOS? In the BIOS under configuration/display, what options are chosen?

Like you I am also going through the same situation and regarding this I want some help from your side. And ya in my system I am currently upgraded all my system and whatever I can do in this I have done in this in this also including the BIOS. I mean over here that I have upgraded the BIOS also. BIOS configuration is just as what other guys do: switchable graphics, let OS detect. So please tell me the solution for my problem. And do this as soon as possible for you.

I have read all the post which is given over here. And as much I know regarding this so those which information you have provided to the other user it is right one. They are the same ones I would give if you asked about my w500 along with switchable graphics. One note, my fn-F7 says notebook simply, more willingly than computer only. Is that what you meant? If not, we might have dissimilar versions of the hotkey or presentation director application.

Well It appears like that there is no appearance director in Windows 7, Lenovo make use of ThinkPad Monitor instead. There was once a time that when I press Fn-F7 there is no window showing up for "Duplicate" or "Computer only". The LCD presently black for a second and then back to standard and by the way currently no project is connected to it. And during that time the whole thing is OK.

While there are a small number of Lenovo employees in here helping out on a unpaid assistant basis, this is not an official support along with devoted Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. In its place, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum along with some participation from Lenovo employees. You may or may not obtain an answer honestly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them.