Thread: How to hibernate in Windows XP SP3 for T510

How to hibernate in Windows XP SP3 for T510

Hello friend I purchased a Lenovo T510 model with 1 GB of ram and I installed operating system of windows xp SP3 32-bits,my BIOS is updated to 1.38 , it has a Intel video driver 6.14.0.5221,It cannot able to hibernate . Even previous to those update I could not able to hibernate, so that is why I did the upgrades. Whenever I open the power manager for selecting the Hibernate, the Power manager is already in advanced mode I can choose the Hibernate but when close and reopens the power manager again the hibernation checkbox is again unchecked. And then I looked at the Power options of the MS the Hibernate option is not visible.Does anyone knows what is the problem is occurring, if so then please reply to my post.

Re: How to hibernate in Windows XP SP3 for T510

So I think that power mode have some problem due to which you are able to hibernate your laptop. Since you have installed windows XP SP3 pro it may cause some problem so have installed this operating manually. I mean to say does this operating system is preloaded inside your laptop or you have change the operating system for yourself. If you have installed manually by formatting the previous version of the windows then it may cause the problem for your laptop for hibernating otherwise I don’t think so laptop never hibernates generally it should hibernate properly. If you have preloaded operating system then please let me know then I can able to give the solution for your problem.

Thank you friend for your suggestion, I never installed any operating system in my life I think it came with the preloaded operating system. Does installation or the up gradation is the problem for my laptop to hibernate. I just started my laptop started looking for the hiberante option but I don’t able to find out. Does it have any short cut key to enable it? If you have the solution for my problem then please let me know.

So you are telling me that you have a preinstalled operating system loaded with your laptop when you buy it.I think that there may a short cut key that I think that by pressing Fn+F12 it may give a hibernate option. So check it out the hibernate have been disabled or not. If that too not happens or find out the other option of the power management driver. So I suggest you to did you installed the latest edition of the Power Management Driver.

I observe that by holding the Fn + F12 key does not do anything for me so I installed some of the drivers as follows: Firstly I installed the power management driver 1.60 rel as well as the power manager 1.88 rel 02 I require to install it again.Are you creating this setting in power manger of the prescribe Lenovo? I would anticipate Lenovo power administration override the resultant Windows XP settings, but: What do you observer that you must go to the Control Panel in that select Performance and Maintenance then go to the Power Options and then select the hibernation tab .I think that this post may well help you out so check this out.