Thread: WIFI and UMTS Connectivity issue in Nokia C7

WIFI and UMTS Connectivity issue in Nokia C7

The problem I am facing is with the connectivity with wifi in my Nokia C7, I am able to connect perfectly to wifi but I am facing problems with my default browser and the connecting services on my phone. When I attempt to connect to UMTS and wifi second time I am not able to do so and error appears as "Server name not found" I don’t have any idea why such problem is appearing but when I restart the phone I am able to connect again but still not able to connect to UMTS, so if anybody have solution for my such problem with Nokia C7 please provide me the solution for it.

Re: WIFI and UMTS Connectivity issue in Nokia C7

It is suppose to be the problem with power saving feature of wi-fi I have solution using which you will able to disable the Wi-Fi power saving feature, that is put to “ON” by default. After this setting your phone will stay associated to wifi even a weaker Wi-Fi signal by employing more power from your phone but this will drain phone battery faster. You can perform it by moving to settings in that you have option for “Connection / Connectivity” there you can see a “Wireless LAN / Wi-Fi Wizard” menu. You need to open it to acquire to “Show Wi-Fi availability”. Tick on option button move to “Advanced Settings” click on”Yes”. Now change the “Power Saving” to “Disabled”.

I don't think this will be the best solution for you to just disable the Wi-Fi power saving feature as this will really affect your phone battery and will decrease its life span of your phone battery. I think better solution for you can be if you can disconnect the wifi manually then you might connect to the UMTS. Other than this you can try to find the solution to your problem by Nokia support center they will have better solution for you rather going for any of the solution that might create problem in phone.

Other than above mentioned solution it is better for you to just go for the upgradation your Wi-Fi router to a type “n” and perform the proper configuration for it. I think this will be better solution for you as you are not able to connect with wifi and UMTS on second occasion on your Nokia C7. If possible for you just try to apply the provided solution and let me know about the current thing that is happening with your phone after that.