Thread: Rebooting cannot be stopped in x200 laptop even after shut down

Rebooting cannot be stopped in x200 laptop even after shut down

I am making the use of Lenovo X200 laptop for doing my officials works. I am facing a very different problem in my laptop. The problem is that when I press the shut down button in my laptop, then it goes through the normal shut down sequence, but after approximately 4 to 5 sec it starts back again. This problem does not happen when the main battery is removed and it is connected with the power cord, in this case it shut downs normally. I am using it from several months and had never faced such problem before. I am running windows 7 on my machine and have tried few fixes with my laptop, I have tried to update the BIOS and I have also tried to check all the BIOS settings, even tried to change the operating system from Windows 7 to XP, but even after doing all the fixes I was not able to solve the issue. This problem is now irritating me a lot, so if you have a solution for fixing this issue, please post it here. Do help. Thanks.

Re: Rebooting cannot be stopped in x200 laptop even after shut down

I have gone through the above problem and after that I have performed some research on this problem from the internet and I have founded few fixes for solving this problem. The fix is to check the LAN and WLAN network cards Properties and also advanced settings in the laptop. Fir doing that you will require to first going to the start, then go to the search box and type “dev”. Now click on the device manager at the top. Then you need to go to Expand Network adapters and will require to double click on the network device option available there. After doing that now click on the advance tab. In this tab you will require to try out some changes i.e to boot from the LAN, Wake up, etc. Doing all this depends on the driver settings. If doing all this thing does not solves the, then in the worse case the problem can be related with the motherboard. But I hope that it is not so in your case, it will definitely solve your problem.

I had also faced this problem in my laptop, before 2 months. I visited to the Lenovo support center and they provide me a solution for this particular problem. They advised me to disable automatic rebooting by changing the recovery settings in the laptop. For doing these settings you will require to right click on my computer icon and after that try to click on the properties option. Then go to Advance tab >> Startup and Recovery. Here in this option you will require to click on the settings in order to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box. You will have to clear the check box for the automatically restart. After doing that, click on the OK button. Once you have done these changes in your laptop, now try to restart the laptop and see if the problem is being solved or not. I hope that tit will get solved out.

I think that the most common cause of this problem is with the driver issue. So I will recommend you to update all you drivers in your laptop and see if it solves you issue or not. If the issue still does not gets solved out, then try to replace the main battery in your laptop. If doing this does not solve the issue, then the last option would be to change the cmos battery in the laptop. I hope that the problem in your case will get solved after updating the drivers and you might not require to change the batteries in you laptop.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to go through the solution which is given by the nutty. There I have tried to disable automatic rebooting by changing the recovery settings in my laptop. After doing this fix, I was still facing the same problem in my laptop, and then I tried to update the drivers in my laptop and fortunately after going through this fix my problem got solved out. I am really happy now and for this particular help I will like thank all those who have given their reply here.